• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Last 30x70 Shirley Cook, Hog Cook

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So much Shirley talk. I don't have time for stick burning anymore, but after listing my 30x70 I couldn't go without having one so ordered the 24x36. Sending the beast off with a hog cook. This meat will go to the same charity as the last 2 years & hog cooks to raise money for something another brethren tells me is a charity vs laundering money :becky:

9b6b8Bxl.jpg

SpYgmIQl.jpg

2GiSqG7l.jpg

So I'll keep this initial post simple as it's bed time.........I'll cook this about 80lb hog tomorrow (less weight than before). The "other guy" dropped it off earlier today and head was removed to fit in the cooler.

Cooking solo starting sometime in the am when I wake up. At this point I have no idea on seasoning, placement, dancing position prior to getting ready, etc.

Will run hot, probably take 9-10hrs, pull it all and seal it up. Got the smoker even more cleaned out for the final cook and then will do another prep clean to get it ready for whomever buys it :clap2:

farewell

I haven't burned a split since the baby was born

Was the 2nd the slowed me down the most for stick burning. I feel a smaller stick burner will make that better.......or not, but whatever........the thought of not having a Shirley got to me........and also my addiction to buying smokers.......

Luckily that one 24x36 is technically the least amount of smokers I've bought in the last few months. Realizing you can just buy one at at time is refreshing, so if anything I've cut back :twitch:

Was the 2nd the slowed me down the most for stick burning. I feel a smaller stick burner will make that better.......or not, but whatever........the thought of not having a Shirley got to me........and also my addiction to buying smokers.......

Luckily that one 24x36 is technically the least amount of smokers I've bought in the last few months. Realizing you can just buy one at at time is refreshing, so if anything I've cut back :twitch:

Turn that into 1 per week or month and then you might be on the way to recovery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 2nd for sure impacted my stick burning as well. I was running mine probably 3 or 4 times a month if not more and now it’s been more like 3 or 4 times a year. This too shall pass...I hope.

Not gonna lie, the pig head freaks me out lol. But I sure would love to join in on the feast! Great way for a last cook! Can't wait to see some pics of the cook.

Back