MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
NRF
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Love the paw prints.
And she LOVES snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
have no fear...just cook it a bit longer.

As far as Butt vs Picnic?

I like and use both, and they cook very similar (in fact I cooked these two together, same temp, same time) see here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=151525
Well now, that certainly proves that! Some good lookin' eats there SPL!
Hopefully with time I will develop ( and remember lol ) the techniques to know when something is REALLY done- not just by time or temp.

I forget who said it first, but bbq is done when its done... the consensus here is my shoulder was not done.

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRF View Post
And she LOVES snow.

Well now, that certainly proves that! Some good lookin' eats there SPL!
Hopefully with time I will develop ( and remember lol ) the techniques to know when something is REALLY done- not just by time or temp.

I forget who said it first, but bbq is done when its done... the consensus here is my shoulder was not done.
Well said. Glad to see the weather didn't slow you down.

Temp is a must-do

Time is a suggestion

Probe tender is the deciding factor.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #18
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

When I don't give it enough time to completely cook through enough... just pull the outer soft portion and slice the more dense inner portion.

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote