SAMS Club 2012???

We had cold wind and rain in Gilbert, AZ and we still had a good time. A bunch of us rented U-Haul box trucks from across the street and setup our prep stations in the back. (Thanks Harry Soo for the idea!) It was a lot warmer and dryer for those of who can't afford RV's.

We're tossing the idea of doing the Sam's Club events this year...it depends on where the local and regionals will be...

There is no way this 'series' would be happening again if it weren't for the slim possibility of taking home some decent money after the first round.

The venues absolutely suck, at least in the South. On a blacktop parking lot in July and August, no running water, generator power only and as far as I know, the gensets FAILED within 3 hours at both Birmingham and Marietta.

No thanks to 2012.

The July and August events in the midwest and south should be changing. I voiced my opinion on that and was told that issue was definitely being taken into consideration for 2012. As far as your generator and water issues, come cook in Missouri and Kansas where many, many times, generators are all we have. And running water at the individual sites happened like twice this year (in 13 contests) and maybe three or four times in 27 contests in 2010.

The July and August events in the midwest and south should be changing. I voiced my opinion on that and was told that issue was definitely being taken into consideration for 2012. As far as your generator and water issues, come cook in Missouri and Kansas where many, many times, generators are all we have. And running water at the individual sites happened like twice this year (in 13 contests) and maybe three or four times in 27 contests in 2010.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you guys in the midwest put up with that stuff. Crappy power, no water and sub $10k payouts? no thanks.

In georgia I can have my pick of $10k+ contests all with water and power at your site.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you guys in the midwest put up with that stuff. Crappy power, no water and sub $10k payouts? no thanks.

In georgia I can have my pick of $10k+ contests all with water and power at your site.

Lucky you! Up here we're lucky to get 5 grand per comp...water never seems to be an issue though...just put out a rain barrel!

We are going to be in for 2012. I'm confident there were lessons learned and improvements have will happen. Don't see the water getting fixed. Carts made it easier heck you have to carry from the buffalo at the AR. As for the races I'm in if I get Ugly's Jason to push!

$13k plus later. I'll take my 3 buckets up n fillem up to hold ez ups down..........plus the CPAP's never missed a beat.:becky: Sorry Rich!!:heh:

Hey I'm not trying to take a side here or anything but reading the complaints about the water I keep asking myself what happens to the water after it is used? I understand some "disposal" can be overlooked at a contest in a field but on concrete outside a major retail building dumping water would be a very large issue no matter where you are.

We are going to be in for 2012. I'm confident there were lessons learned and improvements have will happen. Don't see the water getting fixed. Carts made it easier heck you have to carry from the buffalo at the AR. As for the races I'm in if I get Ugly's Jason to push!

Only after he's done pushing me.................

$13k plus later. I'll take my 3 buckets up n fillem up to hold ez ups down..........plus the CPAP's never missed a beat.:becky: Sorry Rich!!:heh:

As sound as you guys sleep, I am thinking about getting a face guru to give it a try.

Hey I'm not trying to take a side here or anything but reading the complaints about the water I keep asking myself what happens to the water after it is used? I understand some "disposal" can be overlooked at a contest in a field but on concrete outside a major retail building dumping water would be a very large issue no matter where you are.

Unless RVs are dumping their tanks, I don't think some 5 gallon buckets are going to cause much of a problem in such a large parking lot.

On a blacktop parking lot in Georgia, in August, water doesn't last very long. You could empty a swimming pool in a Sam's Club parking lot and it would quickly evaporate.

At the Sam's events that we did, they provided disposal containers for gray water.

Depending on location we are in again as well. Thought the contests in Chesapeake, VA and Laurel, MD were decently run. No major issues except the rain and not getting our briskets cooked.:oops:

Really? Appreciate your insight, Dawg. What little I had heard was positive, but that was pretty second hand info.

EDIT: I just went back to look and noticed that the Sam's Club events are mentioned as being included, and then specifically excluded, but there is mention of a DSM event.

For those who missed it, there's a big list of dates in tonights meeting agenda:

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=439

dmp

The BOD just voted to approve the 2012 locations and dates, and I believe the rules are not going to change. No real news in open session except that there will be a competition is DSM. I'll actually be paying very close attention to that one!

dmp

Back