MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
Greatgrills
Full Fledged Farker

Default First Year Contest: Missouri State Fair

Anyone that is in the area and does not have anything planned should try to go to this contest...It is a first year...They have had a bardyard for years but they are trying to do a full KCBS contest...We would love to do it but we have already entered another contest(before we knew this would be a KCBS event)...Come on MOFO's support your area...The person running the contest has done one before and knows what needs to be done...So it will be a well run contest. Good luck to all

The 2007 Missouri State Fair’s “Show Me the Que” contest, a KCBS event sponsored by Gates Bar-B-Q, is scheduled for August 17 and 18 on the Missouri State Fairgrounds.
Chris Koetting, Missouri State Fair Barbecue Contest Superintendent, reported that up to 49 teams of barbeque enthusiasts from Missouri and surrounding states will show off their skills in 4 categories: chicken, pork ribs, pork, and beef brisket, with the chance to win $1,750 and an invitation to the American Royal Barbeque Contest.
“Show Me the Que” barbeque contest is different than the Fair’s past contest, the “Backyard Chef Barbeque Contest”. Koetting said, “This year’s event offers more categories. The 2-day event will also give contestants more time to prepare their meat before cooking it.”
Koetting added that a KCBS sanctioned event assures contestants and sponsors that the rules and regulations will be officiated fairly. KCBS views barbeque as a culinary technique, sport and art form. For a complete list of rules, judging procedures, and entry forms, please visit www.mostatefair.com.

Mark and Becky
Great Grills O' Fire
Homemade Smoker
22 1/2" WSM for chicken
WSMx2 for when I make my own team
And lots of beer drinkin
Greatgrills is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
nthole
Babbling Farker

Would if we weren't already going to be in Pacific.

Also, if you know anyone connected to it, there's absolutely no information about the competition that I could find on the site. That'll make it tough for people with any interest to find out some helpful info.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
PigBoy
Full Fledged Farker

I noticed the same thing. I thought the entry deadline was August 1st. I have a wedding to cater Saturday, so can't go. Went to look up info for the heck of it, couldn't find any. Are they having trouble filling?

Pork Pullin Plowboys
www.plowboysbbq.com
www.hinckfarms.com

Traeger 200, Kingfisher Commercial, Bandera, Weber Kettle
PigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
The Pickled Pig
is One Chatty Farker

I did find these links but they are well hidden:
http://www.mostatefair.com/press/PR07312007b.htm
http://www.mostatefair.com/2007Premium/Barbecue.pdf
http://www.mostatefair.com/2007Premi...ethequebbq.pdf

Twitter - @ThePickledPig

CBJ, WSM, UDS Cookers, Weber Gasser, Weber One Touch Gold Kettle,
The Pickled Pig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Heard that Bill "Blues Hog" Arnold won the first KCBS sanctioned Missouri State Fair contest.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote