Gonna cook

icemn62

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am off today, and I am going to play. I am most unsatisfied with my chicken. Today I am going to practice. I scored some Chicken leg quarters, and some chicken thighs. Today I am going to feed the family with some good, not burned, tasty smoked, crispy skin chicken.

The plan: Brine for a few hours. 90 mins in smoke, on the kettle for a sauce bath. back on the smoker to make the sauce good and skicky.

ideas? suggestions? tips anything I forgot?

Ok, Im officially jealous. Sounds great Gary. I dont think you missed anything except telling us your beverage of choice today.

Raining cats & dogs here. We need every drop though.

Think today I am working on Diet cherry coke, it is not 10:00AM yet. later today samual adams summer ale.

Fark it, lit the fire, waited for the WSM to get to temp and came in the house and sat down. The WSM is in my parent's backyard. An old friend happened to have spotted my car out front and stopped by. we talked for about 1 hour, I kept thinking I am smelling the fire going. He left, I came in the houise and instead of going out to check on the WSM, I thought. IT IS FINE, IT IS A Q COOKING MACHINE. Never thought the fire may have gone out, do not have any remote therms, just my good ole fashioned instant reads. 90 mins after the chicken has been on the grates I go out to check on things.

THE FIRE DIED!!!!! I am pissed, can not blame anybody but my self. Toss that batch. (WASTED MONEY) Fire up the gasser side care light another chimney and start batch two. marinated in italian dressing, hope this comes out, I have wasted the whole damned day. Learned a lesson, NEVER NOT CHECK ON THE FIRE!!!

Gary, sounds like it's time for that Sam Adams Bro!! Better luck with round two!

Damn man! How's it going now that you are back in control?

Watch that italian dressing. Pretty flammable stuff.
Sorry about your cook.
Pound a Sam's, all will seem better!!!!

So how is the second round going Gary ? Inquiring minds want to know.

Just got home from rounds 2 and 3. I think the chicken is the best I have ever done, which is not saying much, being that I don't like my chicken. did not try any thighs, but left two with my father, who choose the best ones.

Attachments

• CHICK 1.jpg
    CHICK 1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 46
  • CHICK 2.jpg
    CHICK 2.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 46
  • CHICK 3.jpg
    CHICK 3.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 46
  • CHICK 4.jpg
    CHICK 4.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 45
  • CHICK 5.jpg
    CHICK 5.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 46
  • CHICK 6.jpg
    CHICK 6.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 44
Never not get a wireless, either spend the $$ for nutemp or go cheap with the maverick ET73. Just make sure you get one that has one sensor for the food and one for the smoker.

I have the maverick and it works great for me. Others have had some problems with that model. I guess it depends how much the factory worker was partying the night before.

Back