Is My CBJ # the Same as My KCBS #?

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I recently became a CBJ and want to apply to judge contests. My profile on the KCBS website says I am a CBJ but no number is listed. Is the member number used as the CBJ number?

FWIW, KCBS has yet to answer a similar question I sent them.

Edited: I just got a reply from KCBS. The numbers are the same.

I know you have your answer, but several years ago the CBJ number and the KCBS number were different, mine is different. Also when my wife and daughter became certified we converted to a family membership which is my original membership number, so their judge numbers are different that the membership number.

Membership Number Range & Home Town

I recently became a CBJ and want to apply to judge contests. My profile on the KCBS website says I am a CBJ but no number is listed. Is the member number used as the CBJ number?

FWIW, KCBS has yet to answer a similar question I sent them.

Edited: I just got a reply from KCBS. The numbers are the same.

Teamfour:

When you get your new CBJ badge, please let us know whether or not your home town is on it.

I understand that the new CBJ badges are supposed to have the home town on it.

I think that it is a great idea!

Also, when did you join the KCBS? What are the first 3 digits of your membership number?

I don't want to know your entire membership number, just the first 3 digits.

I am curious about what the current membership number range is, or what the membership number range was as of a certain date.

If you are not comfortable giving out the first 3 digits, then just tell us the first 2 digits.

Many thanks.

Thank care.

Ken
The Mustanger
Parkville, MO 64152

KCBS CBJ; RMBBQA; MBN; NCPC;

KCBS Membership Numbers: after Judge #10,000 was issued they jumped to 20,000 for the convenience of the database entries.

Just an FYI when we went to online voting Spouses needed to have their own numbers so shortly after Judge #10,000 was issued they jumped to 20,000 for the convenience of the database entries. Now both the membership number and CBJ number is the same.
Quote Source Date:
12-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Quote Source URL:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54017&page=3

I knew there was a big gap in the KCBS membership numbers somewhere. I remembered reading about it several years ago. Unfortunately, I did not bookmark it at the time.

I did a little digging on the Brethren site and I found it! Eureka! :clap:

The comment by LindaM explains why you never see any CBJs with membership numbers 11,000 to 19,000.

Quite frankly, I have never seen a CBJ with a 10,xxx membership number. So there must really be very few of them, as LindaM said.

I have now bookmarked the 12-28-2008 entry as well as this entry.

Hope that this info helps others.

Ken
The Mustanger
Parkville, MO 64152

KCBS CBJ; RMBBQA; MBN; NCPC

I know that God put me here right in the middle of the USA for a reason.

Last edited:
A big thank you to Teamfour and bignburlyman.

We now know that the KCBS is now assigning the 70,000 membership numbers.

Questions: Do you ever get the impression that all of the KCBS five-digit CBJs are running around with postal ZIP codes on their badges?

Have you ever looked up your CBJ ZIP code?

I did and I found out that according to the postal service, my number was unassigned!

So, does that make me an "unassigned judge?"

Ken
The Mustanger
Parkville, MO 64152

KCBS CBJ; RMBBQA; MBN; NCPC

I know that God put me here right in the middle of the USA for a reason.

Well my membership number is 4 digits, 5112. I guess I have been paying dues to KCBS for a LONG time, lol. :bow: At the Abilene KS contest last 5-18 a few of the older judges were trying to remember who was CBJ #1, they thought it was Ed Roith, and that Paul Kirk was CBJ #4. I know Rich and Bunny Tuttle told me one time their numbers were something like 14 & 15.

Back