MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
GrillVuzzo
Got Wood.

Cool Burger LOTS O PRON

Simply seasoned burger topped with a ham steak, grill tomato, grilled onion, provolone, peppered bacon, with a side of grilled potatoes, and a cold mug of black out stout. and a clove of elephant garlic topped with bacon and roasted for good measure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1531.jpg (72.2 KB, 453 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1546.jpg (78.9 KB, 446 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1547.jpg (85.9 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1558.jpg (81.9 KB, 450 views)

Old 04-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #17
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Yum GrillVuzzo, Nice touch with the Beer.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #18
High Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Old School Bacon Cheeseburger

Mrs. Q and the little Qs wanted burgers for dinner, we're in the middle of a burger throwdown....well there you go.

I made up a bacon weave and cooked it to crispy in the oven. I cut the bacon mat into sizeable squares for the burgers.

I course ground some cubed beef and cranked out some hand made patties. Here's two on the Smokey Joe.

The final product - bottom to top it goes bun, lettuce, Burns BBQ Sauce, Patty 1, Cheddar Cheese, Bun, Mustard Relish, Bacon Mat, Burger 2, Fresh Tomato, White Onion, Bun (should have made a diagram....). Please use this photo

Sides include a pickle spear and some Zapps Potato Chips. Beer of Choice - Shiner 101, Czech Style Pilsner, Spoetzl Brewery, Shiner, Texas, USA.

Have a good weekend and enjoy the throwdown.
"Houston is a wretched little town composed of about twenty shops, and a hundred huts, dispersed here and there, among trunks of felled trees. It is infested with methodists and ants." -Emmanuel Domenech, Catholic Missionary, 1848
High Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
Paulmark
is One Chatty Farker

Killer burger High Q...
Paulmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #20
Derek
is Blowin Smoke!

Nice burgers High Q
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #21
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

This things already off to a hot start!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #22
cmcadams
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Livefire Whisky

CBJ, some comps, a few awards, Certified Artisan Steak Taster.

XL Big Green Egg, Bubba Keg Convection Grill, Weber Kettle, Charbroil Infrared and mad livefire cooking skillz! :)
cmcadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-11-2010, 05:49 AM   #23
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

High Q... your only mistake.... you have revealed the Ace up the sleeve... Nice ACE though..

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #24
SheVuzzo
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Burger

A classic twist on a classic burger. THE NEW STUFFED BACON AND CHEDDAR BURGER. All I want is more votes than GrillVuzzo he is my husband. I have never made a burger in my whole life and I don't want to brag but I think my first burger EVER is pretty good. First I split the patties, then put vermont sharp cheddar and bacon between the two, the put them together. Worrying there would be a blow out in the grill I covered them with a thick coating of breading (flour, egg, breadcrumbs). I then browned the stuffed and breaded patty in bacon grease, because everything I see on here wins if it has bacon grease added, for obvious reasons. When it was ready to eat I put it on a great bun with spicy ranch and mayo, accompanied with grilled onions, lettuce and tomato. Again, nothing to crazy just a classic twist on a classic bacon and cheddar burger.

I do though want to thank my husband its only through watching him grill the last year that I even had this idea, which is obviously better than his. Love you honey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1534.jpg (64.8 KB, 419 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1538.jpg (60.0 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1539.jpg (44.4 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1542.jpg (79.6 KB, 413 views)
File Type: jpg Beck Burger.jpg (61.5 KB, 407 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1549.jpg (78.7 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1551.jpg (44.8 KB, 409 views)
SheVuzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:12 AM   #25
Kevin

Wow, competition in the house. This is shaping up to be a great throwdown.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #26
cmcadams

It was a bit late when I posted last night, and I forgot to add the 'proof'...

Livefire Whisky

CBJ, some comps, a few awards, Certified Artisan Steak Taster.

XL Big Green Egg, Bubba Keg Convection Grill, Weber Kettle, Charbroil Infrared and mad livefire cooking skillz! :)
cmcadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:24 AM   #27
Desert Dweller
Babbling Farker

Location: Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is very close...
Default Bo's Entry

There is a thread called " A little burger and hot dog for dinner" that details the making of this Bad Boy. Chris, I am gonna let you select the "money shot" out of these two. Whatever you decide is fine, cus then if I don't win I can always blame you. Good Luck to all, I am sure this is going to be a killer competition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hmbrgr H-Dogs 012.jpg (74.9 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg Hmbrgr H-Dogs 013.jpg (65.4 KB, 395 views)
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]LFSA RED Thermapen,[/COLOR] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And 1 2010 Victor brand Hot Dog Cart[/FONT]
Desert Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #28
bigabyte

Yup, now I'm just plain famished after seeing these!

Curt, that is one cool photo layout you picked. I really like the way it shows each layer of food. That is something I have struggled with in this category, trying to decide if I take the picture with the assembled burger, or leave the bun open to showcase the ingredients more. Your layout has the whole thing right there.

SheVuzzo, I was going to ask if that burger was actually grilled instead of pan-fried, but I see in photo #5 that it is cooking on a grill.

And Bo....DAYUM, all I can say is....DAYUM!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
ecode
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheVuzzo View Post
A classic twist on a classic burger. THE NEW STUFFED BACON AND CHEDDAR BURGER. All I want is more votes than GrillVuzzo he is my husband. I have never made a burger in my whole life and I don't want to brag but I think my first burger EVER is pretty good.

I do though want to thank my husband its only through watching him grill the last year that I even had this idea, which is obviously better than his. Love you honey.
Congratulations on getting in the game!

Speaking from personal experience, it doesn't matter if you win or lose...., just as long as you get more votes than your husband [I've managed this on several occasions myself...very satisfying]. And then there's always dinner to look forward to.

Your first-ever-burger looks incredible. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
ecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #30
GrillVuzzo
Got Wood.

Congratulations on getting in the game!

Speaking from personal experience, it doesn't matter if you win or lose...., just as long as you get more votes than your husband [I've managed this on several occasions myself...very satisfying]. And then there's always dinner to look forward to.

Tags
burger, Burger Throwdown, BURGERS ONLY PLEASE!, Chicken Sammich Burger, Chicken Toadstool Burger, Cooking with the Master, gasser, Great Chicken Debacle, Great Chicken Sammich, Great Debacle, Great Debacle 2010, Great Sammich Debacle, Lee Greenwood, Rantburger, Shiner 101, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread, Weenie Burger