Prime Brisket Find...

japerry01

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I was in our Sams Club yesterday in Evansville IN and found they had PRIME grade excel brisket for $2.58/lb. That's only .20 more per pound than what they sell choice for. Don't know if this is in the right thread or not, but wanted to pass this on to any hoosiers or Western KY folks on the forum..

I found one a while ago that was almost two years old and cooked it for practice. I couldn't tell any difference because of the age. I don't recommend keeping them that long, however :)

I have cooked plenty briskets that were in the freezer close to a year. Judges thought they were good. :biggrin1:
Agree with Rich, we have been freezing our briskets this year also. I would had loaded the freezer for that price!

Thanks for all the replies. He said yesterday he had gotten in 5 cases, so I may go back in the morning for a few more.

My local Sam's has these all the time now. The first time I saw this (about 2 years ago now), I bought as many as my wife would let me (she thinks things like paying bill are important...hmmmpf). I would have drained our bank account. Luckily, they have never left. I have frozen them before, and they are just as good as fresh to me.

I bought some at the Des Moines Ia Sams club when we cooked there last month. I took every good looking one they had.

Great buy! It would be nice to have a dedicated area to post all the great finds like these.

Lucky dogs!! Wish I could get ANY brisket that is under $4.00lb or closer than 65 miles from here.

wallace

Our Sams generally always has prime and every so often you can find choice CAB. They said they don't order CAB, they just appear in the case of briskets.

Brisket as Sam's? I'm having a tough enough time getting the cryo 2-pack of butts here in eastern PA. Maybe I need to take a trip to some other stores.

I've heard you can have them order in a case for you if they don't carry them regularly.

Back