Hot Sauce Hoss

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey Brethren,

For my 50th bday my wife signed me up for Myrons cooking class
in june. Yes, after only a few comps and everyone telling me how
good our bbq is i am always finishing in the middle of the pack.So, she
knows how much i love this stuff and wanted to do something special
for my big "50" and signed me up for Myrons class. Boy was i shocked!!!
Figuring i will take notes till my hands fall off, i was wondering if you
could take/use a voice recorder to help write up all the info from the
class. I'm sure i will have info overload and just asking if you guys no
if this is allowed. I'm not a rich man and want to make the most of it
i can. Anyone else going in june? :-D

Hot Sauce Hoss

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a lucky man. I am only 30 years old, but I want to take it just for the brisket section. I can cook one, and when I nail it, it's the best beef I've ever eaten, but so far I'm only about batting about .400, I'm very jealous, I'm sure you'll learn a ton of information.

Not going in June but I have been to his class. Worth every dime and you will thoroughly enjoy the weekend. No recording devices allowed I believe but you will have plenty of time to write down what you need and if you miss something he will gladly repeat whatever and answer any question. Enjoy!

Take it from a local in Myron's area. The hotel you stay in needs to be in either perry, warner robins, or cordele. Perry would be the shortest drive back to his place at about 10-15 minutes, cordele and warner robins would be about 30 minute drives.

I agree with everything said above - I went and you'll have plenty of time to take notes, they provide you with a steno notebook and a pen so you are all set. And Myron will repeat and answer the same questions many times, he is very patient. So if you missed something, just ask, and he'll gladly repeat, go into more detail, etc.

Regarding hotels, I stayed in Perry, and I agree, stay in Perry, not closer to Myron's house. There is a Wal Mart in Perry in case you forget anything and need any last minute stuff, but for the most part, the school provides everything you'll need.

I am thinking about it too you have to let us know how it goes. For those of you who did take it did help you in competitions or just another tool in your belt?

Thank you so much for the info. We competed in Thomaston at sotw a couple weeks ago, and wouldn't you know we wound up behing Grateful Pig that finished reserve (very nice guy) by the way. Over the course of a couple of days around each other he said he was just like "me" in that eveyone at home and work would tell him how GREAT his bbq was and then he would compete and finish midpac. So he tells me he took Myrons class and his results went thru the roof. His wife i think it was said he has won thousands odf dollars sense he took the class. He gave me and my wife a piece of his turn in chicken and i have NEVER had anything like it before. And yes, he took first place in chicken, as i told him he would after only one bite and sure enough he took 1st in chicken. He told me over and over, you gotta take "the" class. Myrons that is. So my wonderful wife has signed me up. Gosh i love her. And thanks to all of you great bbq'ers i feel like i know you all just from the site. Stay tuned i will let you know how it goes.

Hot Sauce Hoss

Wow I'm jealous!!!! His class is on my list of things I want to do.......I've taken the Old School vs High Tech class, and it was great, but want to go see Myron do his thing also. I can't wait to hear all about it.....and happy birthday!

Back