• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Abe's 48" insulated cabinet smoker seasoning, first cook and thoughts

I definitely like the look of the clamp latches..... I've been fighting with some leaking around the upper right as well and haven't been able to get it sealed exactly tight. Looking at Grainger website, and they look fairly reasonably priced. Will be stopping by the local grainger store tomorrow to see if they have them in stock.

I definitely like the look of the clamp latches..... I've been fighting with some leaking around the upper right as well and haven't been able to get it sealed exactly tight. Looking at Grainger website, and they look fairly reasonably priced. Will be stopping by the local grainger store tomorrow to see if they have them in stock.

If you have time we would appreciate some detailed instructions with pics.:biggrin1:

The clamp latches work well. Mine is completely air tight with two clamps and gasket on the door and body.

I was about to go out and get a pair of clamp latches today but I really wasn't too excited about leaving holes in the door and body of the smoker. I decided to have a closer look at the stock latches. I noticed that the bottom latch and the top latch adjustment screws were not drilled in the same location. I swapped them around and now the door shuts much tighter than before. The door hinges must be off just a tiny bit because looking at the white gaskets this corner is the only place that leaks. All the other gaskets are still perfectly white.

Now I don't have to spray the gaskets with Pam every other cook to keep them from leaking. It was a small leak in the upper corner of the door where the latch is located. It was really getting annoying.

Back