Great American

S

SP

Has anyone seen the application for the Great American? Last year you got a discount if you entered before the new year. I havent seen a thing. I dont think the site has changes since last years results.

I e-mailed them asking for it. They responded that they were working on the new one and would notify me by e-mail when it was ready. They did not give a timeline and I haven't heard from them since.

If I get it before its up on the site, I will e-mail or fax you one.

I sent an email 3 weeks ago and no response. I must not be important enough!!!!!!!!

What's the entry fee?

We havent heard anything but it might be too early in the year.. Hey Todd entry fees are comparible to the American Royal at least that is what we thought...Very good contest would recommend to anyone...Very cook friendly...Loads of fun

Since it is former people who worked the AR it is pretty much a copy of the Royal at a different location. As Mark said I would definatly recommned it. 210 teams last year and a Bretheran winner in the Invtational and the Open, that being Pellet Envy and Great Grills.

SP said:
Since it is former people who worked the AR it is pretty much a copy of the Royal at a different location. As Mark said I would definatly recommned it. 210 teams last year and a Bretheran winner in the Invtational and the Open, that being Pellet Envy and Great Grills.

Your honor, I object! :biggrin: This contest is nowhere near a copy of the Royal. It is run much better AND much more cooker friendly than the Royal IMO.

They just updated the site with the sauce entry from. The rest should be along soon I would think.

Thanks for the tip. I just sent my team Captain (MoKan Meathead--Wayne) a message.

They changed the days to F-S-S which pi$$es me off because now they're messin' with the Indy 500 that starts at 11:00 CDT on Sunday!

Is it just me or do the payouts look lower than they have been in the past? I did the first one but can't remember.

DeanC said:
Is it just me or do the payouts look lower than they have been in the past? I did the first one but can't remember.

Disregard, I am an idiot (I was looking at the side dish). Anyone else having problems printing the application?

$25 off if you send it in by 1/31 and I email Tracy and told her in the future if they could not use so much color in the backgroung of the entry. I use half my ink to print it out.

SP said:
$25 off if you send it in by 1/31 and I email Tracy and told her in the future if they could not use so much color in the backgroung of the entry. I use half my ink to print it out.

My printer allows me to change the color settings to "Print in greyscale." Helps save colored ink.

I would suggest they just make their entry form in Black and White.

DeanC said:
Disregard, I am an idiot (I was looking at the side dish). Anyone else having problems printing the application?

Dean the first time I tried to print it I only got the pics no text. I photoshoped it at took off alot of the crap if anyone wants it.

SP said:
Dean the first time I tried to print it I only got the pics no text. I photoshoped it at took off alot of the crap if anyone wants it.[/QUOTE

I appreciate it but I had to do the same thing. I having a crappy day when it comes to techno stuff.

Team Q will be there for the Invitational as well as the Open. 3 of my Sauces and 2 of my Rubs will also be in the competition. Hope to see you all there.

Spice

Back