MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #31
ODU Dad
On the road to being a farker

Well, I presume you mean after you have it as the main meat in a dinner. We save it in slices as BBQ just like pork and put it in the freezer for later. I always take all of the uneaten (after the first meal) skin, neck, wing tips, meat trimmings, bones and other stuff and make smoked turkey stock. You can use the stock to make soup or I prefer beans and rice with smoked sausage. The stock makes all of your savory meals needing liquid much more flavorful.
ODU Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
seadad9903
Full Fledged Farker

i made monte christo sandwiches with the leftover ham and turkey. deeeee-lishous!!
seadad9903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #33
Desertracer
Knows what a fatty is.

It is a family tradition to make turkey tacos the next day. We even throw in an extra turkey into the pit to make sure we have enough left over.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #34
sportsnut
is one Smokin' Farker

Very motivational !
sportsnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #35
Firby13
On the road to being a farker

Smoked turkey carcasses always end up in 15 bean soup (Ham bone Soup) at our place.
Regards,
Steve
Firby13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #36
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

We like to make turnover style pies - pilsbury crescent dough rolled thin and stuffed with everything - use more gravy that you think you need and brush the tops with egg wash for a nice look

“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #37
jmoney7269
Banned

Default My perfect turkey sandwich!

Thick cut bacon cooked on the pellet grill @325 till crisP.
Make a spread consisting of 1 tsp of adobo sauce, 1 cup dukes mayo,1 cup goat cheese, 1 tbs finely chopped fresh sage, juice from 1/2 lemon, stir together and spread on the sandwich. Take the turkey meat and season with a little blacken season and sear quickly in a pan. Assemble with bacon, some butter lettuce and fresh garden tomato slices!!! Oh boy!
I know what I'm eatin tonight! This is a stick to your ribs kinda sandwich!
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #38
TN_BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

put another one down for turkey gumbo

in fact, turkey gumbo is about the only reason i cook the turkey

Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #39
TravelingJ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
I guess I didn't cook a big enough bird. 10lbs for the 2 of us, and we really don't have all that many leftovers. We did open faced sandwiches once, and will likely do the stuffed fatty that I saw here the other day. At that point, we will be about out. Some scraps left for the dog, but I'm looking at maybe one more sandwich? Guess I need to get another one to cook!
I take that back. There was a lot more left than I thought! We did a fatty out of all the leftovers yesterday. Tonight I made up a pot pie using a lot of them. There is still enough left for a few classic sandwiches, so we are sitting pretty! The pot pie with turkey gravy and sweet potatoes was killer.
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote