Where to start

O

okiereddirt

I am interested in starting a concessions trailer and just want some pointers on where to start. I want to start out with PP sandwiches and broaden the menu as business increases.
Obviously I need to get with the HD and local authorities on code. I would like to keep it as small as possible. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
im interested in doing the same you need to contact the health department in your county to find out the requirements for mobile food vendor if you need to get some specific permits. i know you will need a food worker certificate its a national requirement in every state. you can do the studying on line, then here in arizona their is also a food manager certificate im getting both

best wishes

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

im interested in doing the same you need to contact the health department in your county to find out the requirements for mobile food vendor if you need to get some specific permits. i know you will need a food worker certificate its a national requirement in every state. you can do the studying on line, then here in arizona their is also a food manager certificate im getting both

best wishes

http://thebarbecuemaster.net

If you are just running a mobile food unit (food truck or bbq vending trailer) then you may not need food worker certification. In Minnesota, under the list of those not required it lists:

Food carts, mobile food units, seasonal permanent or temporary food stands, special event food stands, retail food vehicles, portable structures, carts or vending machines.

I am in favor of going ahead and getting the training but I don't think it is a necessity in all states. I think it depends on what type of food business you are running.

ryan,

thanks for answering my question.
i want to eventually run a small take out restaurant and the maricopa county health department here in Az told me im better of getting both certificates so im going to study online and do it their way.

ryan,

thanks for answering my question.
i want to eventually run a small take out restaurant and the maricopa county health department here in Az told me im better of getting both certificates so im going to study online and do it their way.

I think that is a wise move on your part!

Back