BBQ Grilling NZ Lamb Leg (deboned)

iisfaq

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I live in New Zealand and our Christmas day will be probably hot as it is summer here, although rain showers are predicted.

I want to grill a deboned leg of NZ Lamb on a weber kettle BBQ.

I often grill pork with a nice simple rub (Salt, brown Sugar, Onion Powder, garlic powder, and a good quality Spanish paprika) and get excellent results, but want to try something different with the lamb.

NZ is the home of lamb (4 million people, 30 million sheep), but it is expensive even for us who live here.

I have tried a marinade of yogurt in the past with lamb and it works well, but it does burn, this year I would like to try something different.

Has anyone got any ideas for me to try, or recipe's? I love a nice bark but only want to cook for 0.45-2 hours max on the grill.

Cheers

Chris

I live in New Zealand and our Christmas day will be probably hot as it is summer here, although rain showers are predicted.

I want to grill a deboned leg of NZ Lamb on a weber kettle BBQ.

I often grill pork with a nice simple rub (Salt, brown Sugar, Onion Powder, garlic powder, and a good quality Spanish paprika) and get excellent results, but want to try something different with the lamb.

NZ is the home of lamb (4 million people, 30 million sheep), but it is expensive even for us who live here.

I have tried a marinade of yogurt in the past with lamb and it works well, but it does burn, this year I would like to try something different.

Has anyone got any ideas for me to try, or recipe's? I love a nice bark but only want to cook for 0.45-2 hours max on the grill.

Cheers

Chris

Butterflied?
Rub the sucker with some salt and pepper and olive oil and grill it direct.
Low heat ,for about 30 mins each side,
Save me the little burnt crusty bits.
Use the parts without the lovebites:becky:Mate

Back