RayZorback

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey guys. My wife picked up a grill that I have been refurbing just to have a good quick gas grill out at our garden. It is a Char-Broil Masterflame 7000. I have upgraded the igniter to a battery powered version and have cleaned and repainted it and put it all back together. I purchased a generic igniter that came with new electrodes.
The only thing left to do before I test cook is to reinstall the electrodes, but the previous owner did not keep them installed so I have no idea where they go and can't find schematics anywhere online. It looks like the previous owner replaced the gas tubes with a generic "one size fits all" version which I believe is part of the problem. I don't want to install original part$. I'm trying to keep it cheap and easy.
Does anyone have experience with this grill?
Can you give me some clues on where to install them?
bSNpnT8l.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking that hole near the center of the burner and/or the one at the right end of the burner.

Looks like the burner tube is divided into segments, with a control knob for each. The igniter most likely goes in the center hole, so it can service whichever side you light.

Yea. That is what I thought too, but it doesn't make since with the "fits most grills" igniter collector box that I have:
c4enddxl.jpg

P6U2oUbl.jpg

It looks like I am missing a long piece that goes from the middle of the grill to the center of this collector box to allow it to "hang"??

Last edited:
Well, I'm going to try this one. I dug through my purchases and found an igniter with a different style collector box. Hopefully this will light. I don't know if it is close enough to the holes. I'm about to find out ... wish me luck and no explosions!!

yIZvMlsl.jpg

Make sure it will light either burner with the lid opened or closed. If not, get the spark closer to the fuel source.

He has not returned. :tsk:

Of course the Arkansas Razorbacks are currently beating Texas A&M. May be a Party going on! :becky:

Well, I'm going to try this one. I dug through my purchases and found an igniter with a different style collector box. Hopefully this will light. I don't know if it is close enough to the holes. I'm about to find out ... wish me luck and no explosions!!

yIZvMlsl.jpg

What Toast said;
That setup looks like it will light up just fine.

Back