MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #16
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Would this work. Kraft Wrapping/Craft Paper

Old 02-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
kds9547
is one Smokin' Farker

I"ve been working in a paper mill for the last 21 years. If you could see the machines paper is made on and knew all the additives and fillers that go in paper, you probably wouldnt use it to cook your brisket in.
kds9547 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
smokeisgood
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds9547 View Post
I"ve been working in a paper mill for the last 21 years. If you could see the machines paper is made on and knew all the additives and fillers that go in paper, you probably wouldnt use it to cook your brisket in.
^^^^^^^^^ ever drive by a paper mill and take a whiff?
smokeisgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #19
smokemaster1
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds9547 View Post
Is there a problem with butcher paper or parchment? They are the only types of paper that I know of that are designed to come into contact with food.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #21
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

Hasn't the white butcher paper been bleached?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #22
yakdung
is One Chatty Farker

This:
http://www.oren-intl.com/blog/bid/26...-Butcher-Paper
http://www.oren-intl.com/blog/bid/25...-Butcher-Paper
yakdung is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #23
Noob
On the road to being a farker

So after reading ^^^^ link, i want FDA approved butcher paper. Any idea what Aaron Franklin uses?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 AM   #24
AustinKnight
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
So after reading ^^^^ link, i want FDA approved butcher paper. Any idea what Aaron Franklin uses?
He get's it from ABCO Paper Company here in Austin, it's down the street for him 20 min for me. Aaron doesn't do big briskets so the 18" works for him as well for most 10 to 14#ders use two sheets. He also slices his brisket fat side up, just so your not beating yourself up trying to get them to jiggle.

18" PINK BUTCHER PAPER 1000"

Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #25
Noob
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinKnight View Post
He get's it from ABCO Paper Company here in Austin, it's down the street for him 20 min for me. Aaron doesn't do big briskets so the 18" works for him as well for most 10 to 14#ders use two sheets. He also slices his brisket fat side up, just so your not beating yourself up trying to get them to jiggle.

18" PINK BUTCHER PAPER 1000"
Thank you so much...just ordered an 18" roll since i plan on doing briskets on the small side. Came out to $20 plus shipping. Since im also in texas, should be here by mon/tues