Choice Brisket at Smart & Final?

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Last night I went shopping for a packer brisket at the local Smart & Final. They had 5 of them and one stood out to me (looked like better marbling and I didn't feel as much of the hard fat). As I went to put it into the cart, I noticed USDA Choice on the wrap. I've never seen Choice at S&F before and all the others had the Select wrapping. Best thing about it is the price/lb was the same as the others.

DSCN3746.jpg

I think someone messed up and stuck a choice brisket in with the rest and shipped it out to S&F.

I'm thinking I SCORED! I'm looking forward to smoking this in the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.:becky: Actually, I'm looking forward to eating lunch tomorrow.

Yep, you scored! Congrats, bro, and post some pics of the cook!

Same at my S & F in So. Cal. They always have Select, but about one a month a number of Choice's are setting out there also. I noticed it off and on for about a year now.

Make sure to post pics of that thing - nice to see you today. Good score.

If you look at the boxes in the walk in cooler, they will usually say select or better. At least up here they are.

NUTZ

Rare find!

Saw them once, when I didn't need brisket-never to be seen again!

Cash&Carry/Smart&Final same thing

Yeah at Cash N Carry (Yuba City) they always say "select or better" but I've never came across a choice.... I'll be looking for them from now on though!

Yep, you scored! Congrats, bro, and post some pics of the cook!

I will post some pics. Hope it comes out as good as your recent Hot & Fast brisket came out.

Make sure to post pics of that thing - nice to see you today. Good score.

Good to see you too Tim. We like your new location!

The heck with pictures...save it for next weekend.

Sorry Larry, the brisket is already in the smoker! My wife's family is coming over for brisket today and I missed my chance to sneak out and buy a different one for them :heh:. Phat Matts already has brisket covered at the Bash anyway and I'm sure it'll be great.

I'm going to let the Stoker do its thing now. I'm going back to bed for a while.:yawn:

Back