How much baked beans for 70 people?

bandityo

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Serving at a wedding pork sandwiches, cole slaw, cake and baked beans. Ive been commission to also do the beans...Im figuring about 3 oz per person...what say ye brethren?

TIA

David

I think I read somewhere that about 1 gallon of beans will feed about 100 people, but I'm not sure. Not a BB fan, myself, so I don't do them.

You may want to post in "Catering/Cooking for the Masses" or use the search option, although SOMEONE will be along shortly with an answer I'm sure.:becky:

I did 3 #6 cans for 120 people, the cans say 7 lb 3 oz, ran out on the last guy through the line.

We let them serve themselves, so if we would have served them, it would have been plenty.

Jeff

Go to this site type in receipe hit serch it tell you several receipes and how many people it feed allrecipes.com/

I would cook 2# 10 cans made into hog apple beans. A little more wouldnt hurt. Mabey a couple extra 28oz cans.

depends on the age group and sex of most of the attendees, but i have had to make (from a can doctored up) two 117oz cans of bushes baked beans. i have my own little thing i add depending on what the host(s) wants.

Back