Big AL's Baskets, Now taking confirmed orders only.

BigAl

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
:shock: NOW TAKING CONFIRMED BASKET ORDERS ONLY!

I have 8 confirmed orders and 2 pre paid checks so far from the long list of people who contacted me about the baskets. Below is a copy of the email that I sent out to them.

Ray gets the next one first!

Brethren,

Thanks for your previous emails and interest in the Basket.

The Basket design has been tested, retested and tested some more (by Phil and I). The results are in and it is time to start making 'em. The test have resulted in three different versions of the removable basket divider.

A single divider worked great here in Parker, CO (6,700 ft above sea level, thin air), provided a 2.5 delay in self ignite on right side for a total of 8hr unattended burn, but provided no long burn advantage at Phil's (sea).

The welded together dual divider with 13/16 air gap, did not self light the right side here in Parker. I had to remove it after 4 hours to get right side to light. Phil got a longer delay of about 1.5 hours before the right side lit at Bash 2. I modified a dual divider and got a 12 hr burn on the last Brisket that I smoked by reloading the left side (1/3 of basket) after 8 hrs. But Phil felt that this mod would no be good at sea level.

:idea: :arrow: The third and final design is two independent adjustable and removable dividers that allow the ultimate flexibility in basket design regardless of altitude. Will send some PICS next week.

:arrow: This change along with the 1/2 inch rebar rods spaced 1/2 inch apart on bottom provides a design that will be long lasting and provides for long unattended Brisket smoking times.

:arrow: The basket is also height adjustable because of the front and rear plate mounting tabs. The removable dividers also allow up to 15 inch logs to be used in the basket.

The Basket price will be $75.00 plus shipping.

To get a rough idea about your shipping cost, go to www.ups.com
and click on "estimate shipping cost".

UPS now measures the Box, weighs it and also use to from Zip codes (no PO Boxes) to calculate "billable" shipping weight.

This will be a rough estimate because I don't have a "standard box for the basket yet, so use this: 17 in Long, 16 in wide, 7 in high and weight of 40lbs, shipped from my 80138 Zip to your Zip.

To keep the price at $75.00, I need to build Baskets in groups of 10 because of the size of materials and the cost to go get the steel in 20 ft lengths.

The Baskets will only be build on confirmed orders because I don't have the money to buy the steel and "hope" that they will sell.

Please send your confirming orders to me, if you want a basket designed and tested by Bandera Brethren which works great, will last a long time and is not made in China.

aw4golf@aol.com
Allen Wilmer
11769 Sunset Drive
Parker, CO 80138
720-851-5300

BUY THE BASKET!!

Come on Bretheren! This will be the best custom built Bandera basket you will ever get for this money. Send Big Al your check, give your Bandera that BBQ Holiday Gift it (and you) so richly deserve, and 10 years from now be able to proudly say ..."That's the Basket Big Al made for me!!" :D

Think of it as the Holiday Mod!

Back