Camping & Cooking. A boys weekend!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
We abandonded my wife on Thursday. The boys and I and a neighborhood kid took off in a rented Motor Home and headed 100 miles up in the hills to a local "improved" campground by Roosevelt Lake. I want to take a minute to thank all who sent thoughts and prayers my wife's way after her cycle wreck. They operated to reconstruct her crushed wrist on Wednesday, and will do the same for the foot next Wednesday. She is doing very well, and it could have been a lot worse! Her Mom was available to care for her while we were gone.

Thursday night's dinner was stuffed burgers. Seasoned the ground beef with my own rub, and some "Famous Dave's Steak and Burger Seasoning". I formed 1/2 lb patties, covered one with onion, japs & sharp cheddar, then put another patty over the first and made a slightly better than 1 pound burger...6 of them! Used my Craig's List 20 buck score Weber 22.5 kettle and smoked them for about 45 minutes indirect w/hickory. Mmmm good!

Friday's lunch of ABT's and Fatties did not happen because I forgot to take pictures, but for something that did not happen they were pretty good!

Friday's dinner was Flat Iron Steaks and Ranch Style Beans! Nuff said there; That meal is hard to beat!

Saturday lunch didn't happen either, but it would have been smoked brats if I could have found the camera.

Enjoy the Pron, and thanks for stopping by...

Attachments

• AA Roosevelt 001.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 001.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 310
  • AA Roosevelt 002.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 002.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 309
  • AA Roosevelt 003.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 003.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 311
  • AA Roosevelt 004.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 004.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 310
  • AA Roosevelt 005.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 005.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 310
  • AA Roosevelt 015.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 015.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 310
  • AA Roosevelt 017.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 017.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 323
  • AA Roosevelt 018.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 018.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 309
  • AA Roosevelt 020.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 020.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 309
  • AA Roosevelt 019.jpg
    AA Roosevelt 019.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 310
Looks like a great weekend Bo.
Those burgers look fantastic, so do the steks and beens.
Hope you and the boys had a good time.

Also good to hear the wife is recovering. Let her know we send our best.

Man, looks like a blast! Good food and a lake nearby. Did all of you guys sleep in the camper? I'm meeting my brother and father in Maine in a couple months and can't wait for some peace like that.

All looks great! Beautiful country. Are you sure you didn't cross the border into the Land of Enchantment?

That is my idea of "roughing it". Nice camper and great looking food.

Rosy is a beautiful lake, going over 4 Peaks and dropping down on the nw side of the lake is awesome. I caught my first monster catfish there as a boy. Nice lookin food, and I'm sorry to hear about the better-half, she is in my prayers. John

those young men well never forget that weekend!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Food always tastes better when cooked in the great outdoors! Good looking grub.

Great job, Bo! Camping is one of those things I really miss. Gotta get back to it.

Looks like a great Weekend Bo.
The Flat Irons and beans look wonderful!

Weiser

Good Job, the eats look great. gonna have to try those burgers.

all looks great. except for the poor abused kettle. give it a little tlc will ya.

I wonder who got to use the real plate? Looks great and I would be just fine with a paper plate too. :p

attachment.php

Those are some impressive burgers. Nice eats; even those that didn't happen sounded pretty good.

Best wishes to your wife and a speedy recovery!

Looks fantastic!!! Camping makes for some great memories. Hope your Better half feels better soon.

Man, looks like a blast! Good food and a lake nearby. Did all of you guys sleep in the camper? I'm meeting my brother and father in Maine in a couple months and can't wait for some peace like that.

Yes we all slept in the RV. The boys aren't bashful about sharing a bunk, and each took a turn sleeping on the floor while I had the Queen sized bed.

All looks great! Beautiful country. Are you sure you didn't cross the border into the Land of Enchantment?

While NM is beautiful, no, I can assure you we were in our own backyard!

Back