• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

In the UK this week, need restaurant recomendations

keend

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I will be in Sunbury all week for work. In the past I have not had much luck finding good places to eat in Sunbury. One place I plan to try this trip is Indian Zest. Any of you UK Brethren have any other suggestions?

I'll do some reaearch as to where Sunbury is but I'm down in Wiltshire.

Let it be known that BBQ is not a big thing on this island so your choices are going to be more twoards Curry.

Thanks DR KY!

Other than fish and chips, I have not found any food in the UK to my taste. Only been there 3 times so I am still hopeful. With such great beer, one would think there would be good food somewhere.

If I'm honest from what I have noticed the Brits were traveling people so breads and the such are the backbone. Not much variety in that at all. Most dishes here are Curry's fry-ups and roast dinners so nothing really original or far from what is an everyday thing back home. The French influence then kicks in.

Get in London areas and there are plenty of restaurants alongside the Chinese places. Now I could truly be ignorant so Browser and Carbon will chime in and educate me but I just don't see a real food base here that is 'true' English.

There is usually a good meal had at a local country pub but that can be hit-and-miss depending on location.

I guess if you found a place that cooked great goose you would be in there.

I'll keep looking.

Sunbury is in Surrey, I was thinking Salisbury being that is close to me. The search continues but I have been given tips to head to wards London. A trip there really won't work with your schedule hua?

Passed on to me for you..
Rules in Covent garden it's neas Sunbury, take the train to Waterloo station and then taxi there..

http://www.rules.co.uk/
Very seasonal menu..
Here is a list of the game shooting seasons in England
Game Birds and Wildfowl

Red Grouse 12 August - 10 December
Ptarmigan 12 August - 10 December
Snipe 12 August - 31 January
Black Game 20 August - 10 December
Partridge 1 September - 1 February
Wild Duck and Geese (Inland) 1 September - 31 January
Wild Duck & Geese (Below high water mark) 1 September - 20 February
Mallard, Teal, Widgeon 1 September - 31 January
Capercaillie 1 October - 31 January
Woodcock 1 October - 31 January
Pheasant 1 October - 1 February

Deer

Roe Buck 1 April - 31 October
Roe Doe1 November - 28/29 February

Fish

CrayfishJune - September

Been over several times, and the meal that stands out as "best" for me, other than a "Full English" breakfast was some street food I bought from a middle eastern street vendor outside Chelsea stadium after a football game. It was some garlic chicken wrap thing with a very hot sauce - flippin' amazing!

Probably rat, but good!

Been over several times, and the meal that stands out as "best" for me, other than a "Full English" breakfast was some street food I bought from a middle eastern street vendor outside Chelsea stadium after a football game. It was some garlic chicken wrap thing with a very hot sauce - flippin' amazing!

Probably rat, but good!

YUM Elephant leg. lol Sounds like a donner kebab but made from chicken the food of drunken champions at two AM.:razz:

YUM Elephant leg. lol Sounds like a donner kebab but made from chicken the food of drunken champions at two AM.:razz:

It was more like midnite, but it sure was good. Made the last train to Birmingham, got in at 3 and had an 8:00 am meeting. Typical day in the life of a sales guy!

It was more like midnite, but it sure was good. Made the last train to Birmingham, got in at 3 and had an 8:00 am meeting. Typical day in the life of a sales guy!

See now I want several pints a a big ol nasty kebab with fries covered in garlic mayo and chili sauce, problem is BBS started some weight loss thing and i'm commited to it.:rolleyes:

I had bangers today for the first time. They were tasty.

Thanks for all the research. I will check out a few in the next couple days.

Cheers!

Back