Bovine Bold

AlabamaGrillBillies

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Man Todd (Plowboy BBQ) has hit another home run with this stuff!! I got my first taste of it in today. Simply awesome flavor profile. I tried some straight out of the shaker (as I do all rubs for first time evaluations) and was immediately impressed. My wife cooked meat loaf tonight (in the oven) and I tried some on it and liked it. I'm doing a large cook this weekend and will have its first official run on some venison and possibly some pork butts, but for now I just wanted to post about how impressed I am with this rub.

This stuff can be bought at Hawgeyesbbq if anyone is wondering and is a heck of a deal.

my yardbird and bovine bold are supposed to delivered today, can't wait to try them-

I love yardbird, it's excellent on chicken, and ribs!

bovine is good, just wish it was a little sweeter(for brisket), it does make a nice bark! I actually used on steaks before with great results (was looking for a pic, can't find it)

Todd's rubs are the bomb...he has a knack for coming up with home runs that is for sure.

Anyone ever tried Billy Bones Rubs.... okay... that was a joke. Its nice to see Todd (who rose to prominence as "Plowboy," Christie Canyons leading man in the 1980s) learn to do something productive with his life.

I have to agree that Bovine Bold is some good chit. I used it on a couple of NY strips on Wednesday and they were mighty tasty. :biggrin: So far I've only used it a few times on steaks but it has much more potential.

I keep a supply of both Yardbird & Bovine Bold on hand. Hopefully my supply will last through the winter :rolleyes:. If not, then I'll buy some more!

Back