Harrisburg, PA

Tinybud

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I heard that there are only seven teams going up to Harrisburg for their first contest next weekend. That would be Oct. fourth weekend. I was told everything was looking good and now I hear this. Who all is going and is there anyone else still considering going? I can't go because of prior plans but it sure sounded like a good time.

Details would be appreciated. I'm new here and have not started competing yet.

They are up to 7 teams but have room for 30. This event is being held at the Pa Farm Show Complex in conjunction with the Keystone International livestock Expo which is one of the East Coasts largest livestock shows.

Reg. is $200

1st - 5th pays $500/$250/$125/$75/$50

RGC - $250

GC - $500

Trophies / Ribbons or plaques for all winners as well...

Jim's contact information is kile@state.pa.us or 717-787-2905.

Please pass the word... they hope to have KCBS sanctioning for next years event.

they are also running a burger comp!!! $30 to enter...$500.00 to win..any one in??????If you want to enter...I have grill space for a "cut"!

1st Annula Keystone Classic BBQ

The best way to get info is to call Jim. They did not post info on their website. He is working to get KCBS sanctioning for next year.

Too close to home for me not to attend..... I'll be judging.

the most updated inof available....

Hi Sal,
We are up to 9 teams, and I anticipate we will get a couple more after this weekend. We are very happy with the response for such a late start. I finally received the official word on the Best Burger Competition. Weis is supplying 1 pound of burger per contestant. Each exhibitor will submit 2 whole burgers, one for presentation and one for sampling. You may not add any other ground meat to the hamburger. You may add bacon, ham, cheese, rubs, spices, sauces, condiments, peppers, onions etc. to your burger creation. Also, you may bring your own fancy plate or platter for presentation purposes. Any dish like that would be returned. You had asked for a list of teams. Here is the list thus far:

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
Susquehanna Blue Smoke
Ocean County Pig Assassins
Off Da Bone
Smoke'n Dudes BBQ Co.
Polka Pigs
Christmas City BBQ
Flying Porkers
T.B.U. BBQ

Thanks,
Jim

This looks like a fun event. There are now officially to many comps within driving distance. It's going to be hard to decide whic to do next year!

they are also running a burger comp!!! $30 to enter...$500.00 to win..any one in??????If you want to enter...I have grill space for a "cut"!

Sal - can't you make a hamburger? Just remember to put little "dimples" in the center so they don't puff up like baseballs. (I learned that on the TV:cool:)

Good luck to everyone!

Tom

Back