THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

smoke-n-my-i's

is Blowin Smoke!
Anybody from this area interested in maybe getting one together????

This area seems to be pretty quiet, so let's liven it up.....

Any ideas????

Bill

We need more publicity..... who else is from the area that may be interested?

The more the merrier..... spread the word ! ! ! !

I know another forum will (or I have heard they will) be having another one in northern VA. Possibly we could share a portion of the camp ground with them and show them how it's done.... They usually have theirs father's day weekend.

How about meet in the middle in Charlottesville va. I have a space close to the interstate.
John

John,

It is only about 243 miles from here....give or take a few wrong turns....:mrgreen:

How much room you have???? That sounds like it could be do-able.... The other forum has theirs in Louisa.... so we wouldn't be too far from them.... let them smell the smoke.... :twisted:

It could be possible that some from farther away could meet up and maybe share a ride. I could possibly bring a few more. Have truck (F150 extended cab with topper) and trailer (enclosed 12 footer) will travel....

Any weekend except of course when I have to work :eek: or have a competition will work....

Any other ideas? ? ? ? ? ?

let me know..Northern Va might work!!:twisted:
We need more publicity..... who else is from the area that may be interested?

The more the merrier..... spread the word ! ! ! !

I know another forum will (or I have heard they will) be having another one in northern VA. Possibly we could share a portion of the camp ground with them and show them how it's done.... They usually have theirs father's day weekend.

We're talking about Springtime I assume. If so, I'll be having my Spring Session around April or May. Ive got 10 acres in central VA that we have a big party on every year. You all are welcome.

So, lets put my place/location in the hat for consideration. Where ever it is, I'm up for a Mid-Atlantic Bash!

Me too. I think the first thing to do is set a date, so lets hear whats NOT good, eg- cooking in a competition, family reunions, etc. I know John has to defend his hat trick in Chesapeake. What else is definitely out? Brauma and I usually go fishin the first Friday in June, which would be tough for that friday nite, but not impossible. Chip in with feedback. This sounds very do-able.

Not good for me will be the weekends of: (no special order)
Hillsborough, NC non-sanctioned competition 03/29-30/2008
Danville, VA Pigs in the Park 05/16-17/2008
Louisburg, NC BBQ Cookoff 06/6-7/2008

I don't know what weekends I will be working yet, but it is every 5th one right now. If it conflicts, usually someone will swap. So right now, any but the above should work for me. If it will be later than June, let me know and I will fill in the rest.

Bill

Not good for me will be the weekends of: (no special order)
Hillsborough, NC non-sanctioned competition 03/29-30/2008
Danville, VA Pigs in the Park 05/16-17/2008
Louisburg, NC BBQ Cookoff 06/6-7/2008

I don't know what weekends I will be working yet, but it is every 5th one right now. If it conflicts, usually someone will swap. So right now, any but the above should work for me. If it will be later than June, let me know and I will fill in the rest.

Bill

Also add the last weekend of May, the first weekend of June as bad for me.... better hurry and set a date... they are filling up fast.... :eek:

When you set one, I will try to adjust if possible if I can if you get a date in my conflicting schedule....

Bill

Aren't VA and the Carolina's in the South? How is that mid-atlantic? I thought that was the Big Ten? Throws me off every time I see it pop up.

Aren't VA and the Carolina's in the South? How is that mid-atlantic? I thought that was the Big Ten? Throws me off every time I see it pop up.

Naw.... we are in both of the worlds. Actually if you look at a lot of references, we are classified as in the mid-Atlantic region. I guess it depends on who you ask.....

Most consider from NC to PA the mid Atlantic region Sc and below the SE, and above PA, the NE region.... It is all crazy to me.

We are who we are and we are where we are.... one big happy family.

Let the party begin.

Back