Raichlen is a Drumhead

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
A picture from his blog with a Barbecue U class confirms it.

class.jpg

Yeah, I seem to remember Rocky sending him a BDS to evaluate...

I can't watch his show. He has the drum, the wsm and a bandera going in the background but he never uses them.

I can't watch his show. He has the drum, the wsm and a bandera going in the background but he never uses them.

I'm thinking low n slow is not all that condusive to tv... can you just see him starting out as a clean shaven well dressed kind of guy and finishing as a grubby faced soot covered neanderthal.... (not that there's anything wrong with that)...

I've never seen his show, but I'll check in on the site now and then. He did write a couple glowing reviews for the Drum and I even got the specs from a BDS user from his forum. I have read other complaints from the BGE forum about him having an Egg in the background but never using it.

Brian

The reason he never uses anything in back of him is because he's sponsored by weber. Thats all he cooks on for the show.

I guess I've never watched his show, but I think this photo was from the weekend BBQ classes he puts on at some resort. I did see a show about that. It is something like $2500 a head and he demos a bunch of different cookers and methods. The students get a hands-on feel for grilling and barbecue. Maybe Weber sponsors it too?? I figured it was an independent thing like his books.

I bought my 'brother in law' (well sort of, I'm not married) Raichlin's 'How to Grill' book as he's a Chef in a pub and he want's to switch from English/French style pub food to Grill food but wants to add a US twist to it.

He's loving it and the test tastes he's done have gone down well, he now just needs to get more equipment.

I like the show ... only because I envy having a "grill cam."

One of these days ...

What network does his show come on? I've only seen the one where he goes to NC, some fancy-dancy wish I could go hotel for the weekend...

He was on Public TV here too...but now we have Barbecue America on in that time slot on Saturday afternoon.

We got a PBS show a few years back .... the guy was always burning chit while he was talking or working on the cutting board. I don't mean little fires, he would have smoke billowing or these rip a$$ flames going on behind him.

Raichlen will be in Overland Park, KS at the Smoke and Fire store on June 20th. $20 tickets (200 of them) sold out in a week!!

Raichlen will be in Overland Park, KS at the Smoke and Fire store on June 20th. $20 tickets (200 of them) sold out in a week!!

Bless his little heart he's figured out how to make money out of a bad habit.....:mrgreen:

Back