Where can I get a 65 gallon drum?

C

circle m

Does anyone know of a source for 65 or 85 gallon stel drums? I made a smoker out of a 55 gallon and it works great, but the added height of the taller drums would be mucho helpful.
The BDS is 6" taller than a standard 55 gallon drum, but I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know what kind of fab skills you have, but if finding a bigger drum is not an option, I would just cut a 55 gallon drum in half and weld in a section of sheet metal (mild steel no galvinized of cours) and go from there. If you put it in the middle then you still have the added strength of the ring around the top and bottom to support everything. I've seen a couple of pics of these type of smokers and have a couple of old drums sitting at the house for just such a project if time ever presents itself. keep me updated on your progress.

Chris

I talked to a couple guys that recycle drums and they both said they never see them. I put the ring of my EZ-Que Rotisserrie on my drum and it adds 6.5" if I needed it, you can get a few more inches using a 22.5" Weber kettle lid.

Back