help with beer can chicken

M

MickeyD

my son and grand daughter are coming for a visit this weekend ! he requested that i make some beer can chicken ! I have only made it once before and it was fine . BUT I am not looking for fine ! I want it to kick major butt !
I will be using my 5 burner gasser ! any and all help is greatly appreciated
thanks
Mickey

if no choice on the smoker or charcoal grill, it is what it is., I would run it hot at 250+ till you hit 165 intrrnal... dont forget to rotate one or twice for an even cook. I would brine over night and inject then rub before putting on the grill.

drink the beer and spatchcock that bird
This ^^^^ rub it down with olive oil and rub it with some garlic powder and some onion powder and maybe some salt and pepper, cook it at about 300 to 325 and enjoy!

If you want some smoke on the bird, you could try the foil pack method where you put some wood chips in a foil packet and poke a few holes in it. That way they smoke when put close to your fire, but won't flame up. Otherwise, I agree with the others. I prefer spatching my birds over sitting them on a can.

Spatchcock or split the chicken instead of the beer can method. I think the temp posted above was a typo, closer to 350 cooking temp is what I shoot for when cooking poultry. Point the dark meat closer to the heat, and only take temps in the breast, the dark meat will take care of its self being closer to the heat.

I think you have your answer:grin: I rub a compound butter under the skin and as said cook around 350.

Ya once you spatchcock you will not go back

Oh also ice your boobs

Back