MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Default Help 4 Fredericksburg, VA

Hi,

I was contacted today by a 501c3 in Fredericksburg that is having a bit of a nightmare. They are having a fundraiser on Sept. 7 where they are serving BBQ and crab for about 200. Their BBQ guy dropped out yesterday.

Basically, they can pay about $300.00 and need some pulled pork and/or chicken. With sides and crab, I'm assuming that they need about 4 oz per person.

They seem like good folk that got screwed over by a BBQ vendor. If you can help make this right, please let me know and I'll get you their contact info.

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

thats alot of plates for $300
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! :becky: and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project:doh:
mr dirts bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Yup. I certainly agree.

If someone can help, it will definitely be a charitable endeavor.

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Andrews
On the road to being a farker

Hate to hear stories like these, If I was closer I'd do it for free just to get them out of a pinch!
Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
bdadams84
Knows what a fatty is.

Would help if I could, but I've got to work the ol' nine to five. Good luck.
bdadams84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Brauma
somebody shut me the fark up.

My partner & I talked this one over but logistically we just cant do it. His kitchen is being remodeled and I've got all his BBQ equipment 75 miles south of F'burg. That wknd is our last comp of the year and we're gearing up for that. There's no way I can cook the meat and have it to them Friday. I'll have the trailer packed and ready to leave for WV Thursday.

I hope they find someone.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote