• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pig Shots for all...with love!

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I don't normally cross promote until I get at least one vote in a Throwdown, I thought for sure I wouldn't have to post this in Q-talk with all the other fine entries over in the "From the Heart TD", but Pappy went and voted for me :crazy: (he must be delirious from all the pron he's been posting lately) so here it goes.

You can go here to vote. I can assure you there are actually some worthy dishes over there that deserve a vote or 10 more than this one.

Without further ado, a long winded version of some Pig Shots for your viewing pleasure. :grin:

My wife's uncle was hosting a party on Saturday to celebrate his 5 year wedding anniversary and the whole family was going to be there. I decided I wanted to do something for everyone that was from the heart, so I figured I would give them all a bunch of heart attacks. :grin:

Just to show a little more love, along with the ingredients, the flowers in this shot were a gift to my wife for our 7th wedding anniversary last week.

IMG_3090.jpg

1/2" rounds of kielbasa wrapped in half a strip of bacon. I ended up with 113 of these back breaking beauties. You know there's love involved when the clock says 2am when your finished.

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

I whipped up a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, and Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy.

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

Made myself a ghetto pastry bag and filled up the shots.

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

Then I topped each one off with a mixture of dark brown sugar and Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple.

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

The pig shot army on the egg.

IMG_3080.jpg

They came out looking good, and met rave reviews at the party. These are another thing you just can't make enough of.

IMG_3114.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:peace:

Wow,I have got to make these!,,,can u give more detail on the cooking process?

I usually run the egg about 275* and cook them until the bacon is a little crispy, about an hour to an hour and a half. I did these with Humphries Lump and a couple cherry chunks. These I actually bumped up to around 325* because I was in a hurry. Just pull them when the bacon is the way you like it. Cooking them is the easy part, it's putting them together that a PITA. :grin:

They can definitely be a nightmare on the back to prep, but soooo worth the effort. Those look amazing, and now I will be craving 'em all day.

Those look soooooo good Jason!! Love the flowers too. :becky:
Belated Happy Anniversary!!

Those look amazing! I see you're putting them on bamboo skewers for ease of handling, nice.

Back