Smoked my first Brisket!

wperry1971

Reaction score
Put it on at 11:30 am took it off at 6:30 wrapped it in foil with 1 cup of apple juice cooked for another hour until it registered 190 degrees. Took it off the grill let it sit for 20 minutes and then sliced it up! Also, it was done on my 18.5" weber kettle with mesquite.

WP_000560.jpg

WP_000565.jpg

WP_000570.jpg

WP_000571.jpg

I was scared, the end was a little dry but the further I got to the middle the juicier it got. The fat didn't melt as much as I had hoped, somebody else said I should've trimmed it but I think it adds flavor and if somebody didn't want it they can cut it off themselves. Like I said, this was my first time and I think it came out AWESOME! I even got a "You outdid yourself." From my father in-law.(He's from Texas and is always down there trying different BBQ spots.)

Looks like you did well :) I smoked my first full packer today... my third time with brisket overall. I haven't tried doing any long smokes on my kettle yet. I might be too spoiled with other stuff to do it... hmmm....

+1 woodbutcher1, i also score the fat never trim any fat. Nice looking cook wperry.

looks great from here. i trim the fat down to about a 1/4 in or so. i may go thinner so the rub gets into the meat. i doubt much fat really gets into the meat.

Looking good bro!!I still smoke in my kettles,haven;t tried brisket any other way.....yet.T

Back