Best Thing You Ever Bought for BBQ and The Worst Thing

sandiegobbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Best thing: UDS by far.

Worst Thing: When I started BBQing about 12 years ago I tried to fit about
10 racks rolled in my WSM. I bought some cheap skewers and some needle and thread to tie them together. Needless to say I made it work but it could
have been a disaster!

What was your best and worst?

Best: UDS/Thermapen

Worst: Electric ECB. I still use it for beans and stuff like that but with very little control over temp its just not that useful.

BEST: BBQ Guru/WSM - I love them both equally.
WORST: ****ty BBQ mop that I never use because the silicon brush works better.

Best: Stubbs charcoal
worst: Lawhorn's signature seasoning. (Not at all what I anticipated)

edit: I have to agree with the consensus about Cowboy brand lump. It blows bigtime!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best: BBQ Guru Digi Q DX, I cannot believe how accurate it is on my UDS. Amazing!!

Worst: Well, I've been researching here and you guys have kept me from making mistakes!!

Best: Our cooker itself is the best thing I've ever purchased, even more so than my house that the ex-wife and her new husband live in...:rolleyes: Beyond that, cambro holding cabinets are amazing. I'm shocked at what they can do.

The Worst: A char broil H2O smoker, granted it is what got me hooked on bbq and motivated me to find a cooker that could still cook in wind/rain/snow...

Best: WSM & thermapen

Worst: Everything people give me as gifts because they think they know what i want/need. So far i've either given it away, tossed it, or it's sitting some where in the house and i could care less.

Best: My subscription here. It has led to my ET-72, a ribolator for my gasser, my almost finished UDS and a ton of knowledge.

Worst - I have blanked them out of my memory. Only I only remember BBQ happiness...

I'm too new at this to have a great best/worst situation...

Best: UDS
Worst: Probably the el-cheapo brinkmann vertical I tried to get away with in the beginning.

Back