Fire pit grill

B

brewman114

I have built several of these recently and has really turned out to be a big hit. In fact I am building four to be completed by this weekend. In the last couple of weeks I have had the kids out cooking hot-dogs and marshmallows eight times. With the grill grate on it works awesome as a direct heat grill to do steaks or burgers. It seems to draw a crowd every time I fire it up. The whole family and half the neighborhood shows up with food to cook on it. Who doesn't like to sit around a fire?

2011-04-17_21-33-49_808.jpg

2011-04-17_21-34-24_273.jpg

221902_10150169192897935_252369442934_6854699_1311019_n.jpg

Looks very cool. What are the dimensions and what is it made of??

Its all made of 3/16" steel plate except for the sides which are 1/8" plate. Corner to corner inside the pit itself is 20". They now have handles on the grate also.

Pretty slick. Send one this way for some quality control testing :grin:

Is there a purpose to the shelf things or just decorative?

With the flames shooting out of it like that no wonder the whole nieghbourhood shows up. :)

Cool pit.

Today I built a fire pit that I donated to be auctioned off at a silent auction. I donated it to Relay For Life. For those of you that may not know what that is here is a brief description.

What is Relay For Life?

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Because cancer never sleeps, Relays are overnight events up to 24 hours in length.

I hope that my contribution will bring a good price at the auction (way over retail I hope) It is for a good cause and I plan to donate something every year they have it. The money that the auction raises will be contributed to the research for a cure to a disease that plagues many Americans.

2011-06-03_17-57-32_428.jpg

2011-06-03_17-58-07_879.jpg

Thanks you caring about us folks with cancer. I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer last week and will be undergoing surgery this coming Monday. Will not know what my chances are until the surgery is over. Nice grill.

Looks pretty cool but to give you a more detailed opinion you better ship it to me right away.:becky:

BBQ Bill I can ship one to you no problem as soon as the $$$ hits my accout. HAHA

That's some nice work, would love to have one of them in my backyard. Your contribution to Relay for Life is even better work. I have had several family members that have fought and beat cancer. Its a long and painful disease that affects more than just the individual that has it, it affects everyone in their family. Mad props for your help in the fight against cancer.

When you can do something you love and it helps out others, you sir are living the dream.

That is absolutely one gorgeous piece of work. Real art. Love going to your site and checking out your stuff!

Back