• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I saw a Komodo Kamado in person today.

I am either getting 23 or 32. We are going to Bali next month for vacation and will get to meet owner and see the factory so super excited!!

No disrespect here Lobsterbake.

But,
From what you posted here, it looks like you plan on being a reseller of this product and this thread might be nothing more then to drum up business and draw attention to this smoker on the BBQ Brethren web sight. I think we have an area for that. Its called "Brethren Sales and Ventures". You might want to check it out and talk to the mods about buying an advertisement spot if thats the case.

As far as ceramic smokers go I guess you could say I own a 50 year old VW Beetle. Original paint, A real Rat Rod Kind of Look. The only shine it has is when you open the hood and see how nicely seasoned it is.
Its a 50 year old Kamado that still works great to this day.

Sure are alot of twisted panties in this thread. I say if he likes the KK, so be it. You can produce good 'q on a UDS or a WSM, but should we belittle thosepeople who own multi-thousand dollar rigs? Live and let live. :drama:

And no disrespect to Silverfinger, but I read that post as he is going to Bali on vacation, and while he is there, was going to see where the kamados, a cooker he obviously really wants, were made. If I was going to be in Houston, I'd love to ge tour the Klose shop and see how they were made and talk to david about smoker design etc... I think we are over-speculating here.

Sure are alot of twisted panties in this thread. I say if he likes the KK, so be it. You can produce good 'q on a UDS or a WSM, but should we belittle thosepeople who own multi-thousand dollar rigs? Live and let live. :drama:

And no disrespect to Silverfinger, but I read that post as he is going to Bali on vacation, and while he is there, was going to see where the kamados, a cooker he obviously really wants, were made. If I was going to be in Houston, I'd love to ge tour the Klose shop and see how they were made and talk to david about smoker design etc... I think we are over-speculating here.

Is 23 or 32 a size of the smoker or is it a number of smokers that he is going to purchase while he is there to resale here in the States?

If its the size we are talking about then I apologies for my statement. If it's the amount of smokers he's going to buy and resell them here then I feel what I posted was correct.

And,
Either way, Im not A MOD here at the BBQ Brethren web sight, so I might have overstepped my bounds.
For that, I do apologies for!!!

Is 23 or 32 a size of the smoker or is it a number of smokers that he is going to purchase while he is there to resale here in the States?

If its the size we are talking about then I apologies for my statement. If it's the amount of smokers he's going to buy and resell them here then I feel what I posted was correct.

And,
Either way, Im not A MOD here at the BBQ Brethren web sight, so I might have overstepped my bounds.
For that, I do apologies for!!!

They are sizes. No worries. I'm no mod either, but I am staying in a Holiday Inn express tonight! :)

I love my Komodo Kamado, as I do all of the little members of my grill and smoker family.

I have had the Chargriller Akorn for about a year. I love it. @$299 is it the AMC Gremlin of smokers?

Age before beauty!!
My RatRod!!

ubazyne8.jpg

Thanks Silverfinger - Dennis the owner sells them factory direct and the only way you can buy one is thru him. Just enamored with his product and will have either a 23 inch or 32 inch model soon and looking forward to seeing the factory and an awesome vacation.

Take care,

Mark

Yes - he keeps ready stock there. If you order one that he doesn't have there takes about two months as 40 days on a ship and then has to clear customs.

That's just a few miles from my house.
You see them for sell on Craig's list every now and then in this area for real cheap prices.

Exorbitantly priced for what they are - for the same money, buy an Egg or a Joe AND nice vertical smoker. Don't get 'em. Never will.

23" has 82 lbs of stainless steel and 32" has 128 lbs.

304 Stainless

Anyone priced stainless lately? I went to Ace Hardware the other day and they wanted $2.50 for a single stainless acorn nut.

The BGE compared to to a Komodo Kamado is like comparing a Fred Flinstone car to a Ferrari.

No bands to replace or adjust

Gasket won't burn up or need replaced

Simply pointing out that I think Liberace would prefer the Kamado. Fred would just stick with the egg.

My old kamado might not be able to reach temps that high without blowing up. It is all original. Not bad for being over 50 years old. Paid 240.00 for it.
What I've cooked out of it? Priceless!!

Back