Sam's Club Competition Set-up Time/Day

dosvans

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I know the rules for the Sam's competitions state that registration/setup begins on Friday, but for those that have competed so far at a Sam's event are they letting teams setup on Thursday afternoon/evening?

Short answer - no. I got to the Lenexa Sam's Thursday night around 10 pm and the comp area was blocked off by cones. Troy Black showed up just before 8 the next (Friday) morning and started getting us into our spaces. All in all it went fairly well.

Can't set up, but you can stay in the other parts of the Sam's parking lot. I pulled in and stayed the night in my RV and pulled in to spot at 8:00 am

do they have 20 amp electric for each space? what about water connections?

plenty of 20amp connections... water is available wherever the hose is hooked up at the building... it will probably be a bit of a hike. But you can pick up a sams cart or flat bed to cart your water containers around.

plenty of 20amp connections... water is available wherever the hose is hooked up at the building... it will probably be a bit of a hike. But you can pick up a sams cart or flat bed to cart your water containers around.

nothing says "the gold standard of competition bbq" like wheeling a cart full of homer buckets through the parking lot to your make-shift kitchen....

nothing says "the gold standard of competition bbq" like wheeling a cart full of homer buckets through the parking lot to your make-shift kitchen....

That's funny right there!

But I can top it. At Marietta last year, we had not one but TWO separate incidents where elderly people drove cars through our cooksite. The grandma hit a cooler, but it was really impressive to watch grandpa thread his Crown Vic through our tents cleanly after only bumping a shopping cart. All while studiously ignoring the four mean yelling at him of course.

Good times.

But I can top it. At Marietta last year, we had not one but TWO separate incidents where elderly people drove cars through our cooksite. The grandma hit a cooler, but it was really impressive to watch grandpa thread his Crown Vic through our tents cleanly after only bumping a shopping cart. All while studiously ignoring the four mean yelling at him of course.

Good times.

Doubt we will have either of these issues in a couple of weekends.

Good times.

Good to know!!!! We'll be competing at Sam's in Charleston this month.

I'll have to barricade our site with shopping carts! :mrgreen:

That just made me laugh, as I have yet to see Dave get mad.

Good times.

So you are saying we need to bring "Stop Sticks" when we cook in Des Moines! :razz:

Back