Contest Announcment Cape Cod BBQ Championship

Q Haven

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The date is getting closer for the 1st annual Cape Cod BBQ Championship on June 5-6. As of now we have 19 paid teams, and there is plenty of room for more. There are plenty of RV spots available as well with full power, water, sewer and cable tv hookups. If you're planning to cook this one, please get your application in soon!

Also, if you're planning to judge, you should seriously get your application in as soon as possible. I already have 17 judges signed up. There are 65 students signed up for a KCBS judging class in Maynard, Mass on May 2nd, and I'm sure many of them will want to sign up for the Cape.

http://capecodbbq.blogspot.com/

Here's the team list as of 4/22:

1. Meat At Slims, Woburn, MA
2. Eatin' Smoke, Swampscott, MA
3. Lakeside Smokers, Methuen, MA
4. Yabba Dabba Que, Bedrock, NH :)
5. ZBQ, Cumberland, RI
6. Natural Born Grillers, Halifax, MA
7. Birds of a Feather BBQ, Rockland, MA
8. Good Smoke BBQ, Rochester, NY
9. Feeding Friendz, Deerfield, NH
10. Black Cat BBQ, Severna Park, MD
11. Insane Swine BBQ, Worcester, MA
12. B&E Backyard Barbeque, Rockland, MA
13. Dr. Frank 'N' Swine, Orleans, MA
14. Saucehound BBQ, Watertown, MA
15. Lunchmeat, Rockland, MA
16. iQue, Mashpee, MA
17. Silk Road BBQ, Belmont, MA
18. Show Me Your Rack, Whitman, MA
19. Pigs Done, Dracut, MA

Last edited:
Just a quick update, we currently have 25 paid teams and have room for several more. The deadline for applications for cooking teams is Friday, May 28th. Any applications received after that date will not be accepted. So if you're planning to cook this one, please get your application in asap.

Also, I have enough judges, so any judging applications I receive after today will be wait listed.

After further review and discussion we have decided to open it up for a few more judges to make sure we have enough judges and table captains. So keep sending the apps! Thanks...

If any teams are interested in an RV spot at this contest you must contact me TODAY. Any RV applications received after today will not be accepted unless the team contacts me immediately. I have to nail down the final number immediately. Thanks....

Just got off the phone with the governor's office in the great Commonwealth of Masachusetts, and the 1st annual Cape Cod BBQ Championship is officially a State Championship!!!!

I have been sweating this part of the organizing, and it is now done! Sign ups are due by May 28, sign up people, it's an auto qualifier!!!

Back