• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sam's choice

jpw23

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know a lot of folks here don't care for Sam's Choice but, I like it......found twin packs of 18# bags today for 7.82.....not a bad price, I bought 6 twin packs:biggrin:

Never tried it but, it makes me wonder what the differance is between 1 charcoal and another? I invision 1 or 2 big charcoal plant/facilty in the country making this stuff for everyone to put their name on?? But what do I know.

I've never had any trouble with it. has a little more ash than I like but, small price to pay.

Never tried it but, it makes me wonder what the differance is between 1 charcoal and another? I invision 1 or 2 big charcoal plant/facilty in the country making this stuff for everyone to put their name on?? But what do I know.

That does happen to some degree. I know of some guys (not us) there were looking to slap their brand on someone's existing lump product.

Wal mart here has kingsford twin pack 18# for the same price right now.

Good luck with that. I tried it last year and wasn't impressed. If it works for you then that is that!!!

Take a look at the Rancher at your local HD. Word is they will run it on sale again over the 4th of July on special again. $2.99 ROCKS!!!!

I bought a double bag. Then bought lot's of Rancher. Sam's does produce more ash.

home depot - twin 11 pound bags - 11.00

I stand corrected - home depot - 2 x 22lbs bags 11.00 - that you can't beat.

Last edited:
I use Sams Choice in my WSM. A full ring lit with the Minion method lasts about 12-hours with a smoker temperature of about 250F.

Back