MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices

Notices

Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices We sell the Simply Marvelous BBQ Rubs and Spices, along with a few select items, that you may find useful for barbecuing or grilling. http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store/

Old 07-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #31
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

I just put my order in. I got a cook coming up for my office.... this stuff better be good!

I'm curious about Dan's comments above about using it on Butts. What have you been using it on, and any tips or tricks for best usage?

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #32
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

---k---, My plan was to try it on a butt today - along with some other Q I had planned, but then I realized I have plans for dinner, so put it off until tomorrow. I'll post reviews then.

However, I've used it on ribs and chicken and so far, it is HORRIBLE. Send your order to me and I'll get rid of it for you!!!!!!

Seriously, it has a nice sweet, but not overly so, taste. I'm not sure how to describe it - honey/peach goodness comes to mind.

Let's just say, it's good enough that even this cheap arse ordered a bulk bag....

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #33
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
i'd like to place an order once you get the blues hog smokey mountain.

It is here!

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #34
chambersuac

Hey, ---k---, here's a good description from Steph's site:
"A hint of peach and honey powder seduces your meat to erupt your palette with tasteful soul."

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #35
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
I just put my order in. I got a cook coming up for my office.... this stuff better be good!

I'm curious about Dan's comments above about using it on Butts. What have you been using it on, and any tips or tricks for best usage?
K, first thanks for your order! It is great on butts straight out the bag. However, I like the layering process on meat, so I personally use our season all first then the Sweet Seduction or other flavored rub.

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

Old 07-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #36
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Yeah. I've been layering a homemade rub, refrigerating for about 2 - 3 hours, layering the Sweet and Spicy on top and then making sure I let it sweat on the counter for a good 30 - 45 minutes. I've been having my best results with this method. I think the homemade has more salt that better pulls the rub deep in. This method worked better with the Cherry too, until I ran out. I haven't tried the Season All yet. Is there anything particular that makes it good as a base?

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #37
Crakaveli
Full Fledged Farker

order #405
Crakaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #38
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Yeah. I've been layering a homemade rub, refrigerating for about 2 - 3 hours, layering the Sweet and Spicy on top and then making sure I let it sweat on the counter for a good 30 - 45 minutes. I've been having my best results with this method. I think the homemade has more salt that better pulls the rub deep in. This method worked better with the Cherry too, until I ran out. I haven't tried the Season All yet. Is there anything particular that makes it good as a base?
I think the combination of ingredients helps it as a base.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:41 PM   #39
big brother smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
order #405
In the mail in the morning!