Tri-Tip So Good I Nearly Wept...

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was at my local Ralph's up the street a few days back, and even though I wasn't there to get meat, I strolled past the meat section just to see what was there (like I always do :roll:). I quickly eyed the tri-ips, as they were so nicely marbled. One in particular really got my attention - even though it was labeled Choice, it had the marbling you'd see on a finer USDA Prime cut. I didn't hesitate an instant! Plus, it was 25% off...:thumb:

Last night, I pulled it out of the package:

DSC_0339.jpg

I didn't get a pic of the other side, but it had a really nice 1/4 inch fat cap, which I don't see very often anymore.

Then seasoned it with Rub Company Original and seasoned pepper:

DSC_0342.jpg

Fired up the Kingsford Oval and added some oak:

DSC_0352.jpg

Put it on the grill so it could cook indirect:

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

After about 20 mins, i flipped the meat:

DSC_0364.jpg

Really starting to "plump" now!

DSC_0372.jpg

When the internal reached 110 or so, I moved it closer to the hot side:

DSC_0369.jpg

I pulled the meat when it reached about 125 degrees, and let it rest for about 15 minutes.

The Missus picked up a nice baguette earlier in the day, which I figured would come in handy for all the meat juice:

DSC_0375.jpg

Meat ready to slice:

DSC_0376.jpg

As I cut into the meat, it had very little "give", and the knife slid through like butter:

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

That bread really came in handy as there was so much juicy goodness. Better yet, the meat was fork tender and had such an incredible rich beefy taste, we were blown away. This was one of the finest, delicious tasting pieces of beef we've ever had...

That looks fantastic. All that is needed is some extra hot horseradish.

Wow, that is a great piece of meat, and you did it justice. Very nice.

Damn Moose! That looks amazing! You definitely did it justice! :clap:

Cheers

Yes fine looking pics!! You can just taste it by looking at it its almost evil that we can't :)

Man that looks great Moose:thumb: I've been impressed myself with Ralphs meat dept lately and cuts like this one are a good example of it.

Man, that's a great looking piece of meat! I need to start going to your Ralphs....lol..

As far as weeping, I've wept over my cold 2 day old tri-tip once.

Ahhh, a tri-tip cooked like a tri-tip! Very nice! :clap2:

Back