Houston BBQ location

bonz50

Take a breath!
Name or Nickame
Tony
my brother is in Houston near the George Brown Convention center for a robotics competition with my niece.

is there any decent brisket nearby?? or places within short driving distance?? he's never been there and never had true TX brisket

What yall got??

Never stayed in downtown Houston, usually either SE near Pasadena or on the west side by 8 & I-10. If you find a Papa's BBQ or Goode & Co. BBQ, stay away!!! After a half dozen trips we all finally gave up and usually did Tex-Mex, steak or seafood.

Considering it is more than 10,000 miles from my home I haven’t been there but I’ve heard good things about Blood Brothers BBQ. I’ll be going there in August and am looking forward to it.

Pinkerton's Barbecue, 1504 Airline Dr, Houston, TX 77009
5 miles, 10-minute drive.
Grant has great Q and the sides are amazing!!

Pinkerton's is some of the best - most of the time. Last time I was there (February) it was just mediocre.
Truth is consistently good, albeit a little salty. And very long lines.
Pappas has a bbq place downtown, not the best Texas has to offer but can be pretty good.
The Smoke is also downtown. Haven't been there but wanting to try next I visit Houston.
Goode is pretty good, but make sure you go to one of their bbq places instead of seafood or Mexican.

Back