Contest Results De Soto, Kansas October 10-11, 2008 ***Results Added***

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm actually doing this after two days of the Royal and finishing off pulling 67 pounds of finished pork I cooked all day today BUT... any Brethren teams going to be at De Soto this weekend? Short week to get ready for us.

We're there dude! BUT we aren't cooking. We'll be making cornbread for all the teams in the Kookers Kare Chili Cook-off!!! Kim will be slaving away starting Thursday morning to churn out corn bread loaves. ( I think we made 30 last year)

We will see you there.

Jeff: Hey I will be cooking with Will, from Sticks-N-Chicks. Can not wait to get out there. We should be there friday mid morning. Weathere looks beautiful! BTW congrats on your AR finish. Looking forward to seeing you.

We're there dude! BUT we aren't cooking. We'll be making cornbread for all the teams in the Kookers Kare Chili Cook-off!!! Kim will be slaving away starting Thursday morning to churn out corn bread loaves. ( I think we made 30 last year)

Andy: Looking forward to seeing you again! Its been a long time since Manhattan!Congrats again on you RGC at the Royal. See you on friday!

Yeah Bob, they had to move it to keep your late night friends from finding it! :twisted:

Andy, that cornbread last year was killer! Thanks to Kim for doing all that!! I'm gonna give up on my brisket chili and go for an old stand-by I invented (as I was driving through Illinois) a few years ago.

Anyone who comes to visit.....know that after a certain time (I think 7pm) they will start charging admission. They are going to have bands play.

Two Things

First and foremost - WAY TO GO at the Royal Andy and Kim, couldn't happen to nicer folks..

Second, I can't wait to cook, after walking around the royal sat. night I was in need of a serious smoke fix...almost starting cooking sunday at home..

See you all in a few days.

Fun contest! Spaces were a little crowded (20x20) and service was lacking (at least where we were) but we had a blast! Besides us, I THINK Slabs.com (14th overall) and Sticks n Chicks (24th overall) was the only other Brethren teams Here's the results with 49 teams competing:

Chicken:
10 - Whimpy's
9 - Bid D Briquettes
8 - Old Style BBQ
7 - Sticks n Chicks
6 - Smokin Addiction
5 - Rub n Tug BBQ
4 - Big Creek BBQ
3 - Thunder Smoked
2 - Hoggy Style
1 - Four Men and a Pig

Ribs:
10 - Red Eyed Smokers
9 - KC Rib Doctor
8 - KC Jakes
7 - Hawg Heaven
6 - Four Men and a Pig
5 - We Like Big Butts BBQ
4 - Old Style BBQ
3 - 4 Legs Up
2 - Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton
1 - Two Men and a Fridge Company
(Big Creek was 13th)

Pork:
10 - Smoke 'Em if You Got 'Em
9 - 4 Legs Up
8 - Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton
7 - Big Creek BBQ
6 - All Night Smokers
5 - Four Men and a Pig
4 - Smokeridge Boys
3 - Sodbusters
2 - Rub n Tug BBQ
1 - Bare Bones BBQ

Brisket:
10 - Four Men and a Pig
9 - Greasy Joe's Bottomless Pit
8 - Wanna B's
7 - Rub Me Tender Rub Me Sweet
6 - Big Creek BBQ
5 - Lil' Smokers BBQ
4 - Totally Stoked
3 - Munchin' Hogs @ the Hilton
2 - We Like Big Butts BBQ
1 - Bare Bones BBQ

Sauce:
10 - Fat Grumpy's BBQ
9 - Smokin' Addiction
8 - Munchin Hogs
7 - Rub Me Tender Rub Me Sweet
6 - KC Jakes
5 - Bare Bones BBQ
4 - Dukes of BBQ
3 - Thunder Smoked
2 - Big Creek BBQ
1 - Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em

Overall:
10 - Hoggy Style
9 - Old Style BBQ
8 - Rub n Tug BBQ
7 - 4 Legs Up
6 - Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em
5 - We Like Big Butts BBQ
4 - Big Creek BBQ
3 - Four Men and a Pig
Reserve - Munchin Hogs @ the Hilton
Grand - Bare Bones BBQ

Last edited:
Great job Jeff n Tammy.

I see Sticks n Chicks got themselves a call too!

How many teams?

Thanks for pointing that out, Bob... was in a hurry to shower before the Mizzou game. Fixed!

Nice work gentlemen!!!

Sticks-n-Chicks - Sorry I wasn't able to make it out and see you guys, but congrats on the call!!!!

Last edited:
Great job Jeff n Tammy.

I see Sticks n Chicks got themselves a call too!

How many teams?

Bob great seeing you and Randy friday night, thanks for stopping by. There were 49 total. Jeffs not lieing these sites were stacked right on top of each other. I think the highlight is the command center that the Desoto Police dept puts in place. Its some $5 million RV that raises a camera and looks for suspious activity. Not sure what they were looking for but I guarantee that camera was high enough to recored the awards ceremony! Keep in mind there were 49 teams not 490. This things should have been used at the "Royal" not some tiny contest in Desoto Kansas :p.

Tight Space but good time

Friday night was a blast it was great to meet more of the Brethren, Everybody is great....Fun contest, I got a kick out of the police "command center" you know those "bbq people" you got to watch them.... It was great to meet you in person Jeff congrats!!

I had a great time cooking with Jon and can't wait to cook with him again. It was great seeing Kim and Andy and meeting some of the (Ho De Dos) It was great meeting you Jo Ann

Now I have to figure out if I can get one more contest in...

Back