Voting is over

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Win, lose, or draw I'd like to thank everyone that voted and took the time to become involved in the process. Those that posed questions I didn't have immediate answers for....I appreciate you the most whether you voted for me or not. You made me think, and more importantly think about what would be the best solution for KCBS and the membership. That is what the process should be about.

A word of warning, and thanks if I'm elected....don't tell my wife that you voted for me....deal killer, really:wink:

Is it me, or was it a new phenomenon committee members were posted in the most recent agenda. A sign of things to come?

dmp

Fox News, CNN, and The Food Network are all saying it is too close to call. Exit polls show that Ron Paul took the vote of KCBS members that were also International Chili Society members!:heh:

I have been checking out all the news stations for the projected winners and havent heard anything yet. :confused: :laugh:

Fox News, CNN, and The Food Network are all saying it is too close to call. Exit polls show that Ron Paul took the vote of KCBS members that were also International Chili Society members!:heh:

And compared to the past three or four months here in Iowa this has got to be my very favorite political event :-D.

I even ended up yanking out my land line because of all of the "surveys" and "preferance polls" :mad2:.

And compared to the past three or four months here in Iowa this has got to be my very favorite political event :-D.

I even ended up yanking out my land line because of all of the "surveys" and "preferance polls" :mad2:.

I'm Fat Freddy and I approve this message...:laugh:

For those not in early caucus and primary states every other commercial on TV and nonstop phone calls were political.

I'm Fat Freddy and I approve this message...:laugh:

For those not in early caucus and primary states every other commercial on TV and nonstop phone calls were political.

That is one reason if I do not recognize the number on caller ID I do not answer..... and the confirmation is when they do not leave a message.... :becky:

I'm with George and Dave... thank you all for being involved and taking the time to learn about the candidates and for voting! Thanks to all who supported my campaign and those of Steve, George and Dave!

I'm telling u in advance if any of u win by one vote, im gonna feel guilty for putting u in that situation. :p

Here's what I've just heard - WE WON!!!

Unofficial results give the top spots to:

Steve Farrin
Dave Compton
Jeff Stith
George Mullins

We thank you for your support and promise to do our best to bring openness & honesty to YOUR organization. By the way, if any of you feel that you could be an asset to the KCBS, think about serving on one of the various committees. There's a lot of people out there who could really be a help to our BoD.

Oh great, another congratulatory thread to watch... :p

I haven't seen the total number of voters figure yet - or if anyone else has asked this question - do we know how many exercised their right?

Oh great, another congratulatory thread to watch... :p

I haven't seen the total number of voters figure yet - or if anyone else has asked this question - do we know how many exercised their right?

Results are posted out on the KCBS website. A disappointing 17% voter turn-out. :tsk:

The Results for the KCBS 2012 Bylaws Changes and Board of Directors Election
Total number of eligible voters = 14950
Total ballots returned = 2587
Percent of ballot return = 17.30%

Bylaws may be altered, amended or repealed and new Bylaws may be adopted in accordance with Missouri statute 355.116 and by the affirmative vote of two-thirds of all approved Members who voted by paper ballot or secure electronic ballot in a general election or special election with the Bylaws amendment on the ballot.

Bylaws change #1 passed with 70% of the voting members voting yes for this change to be added to the bylaws. A Member of the Corporation is not eligible to seek election for Director of the Corporation if the member shares a physical address with any current Director of the Corporation.
Yes - I support this statement receives 1738 votes, 70% of the total.
No - I do not support this statement receives 732 votes, 30% of the total.

Bylaws change #2 failed to pass with only 60% of the voting members voting yes on this change, the requirement of two-thirds votes was not met. The wording will still read ...the Directors shall be elected by the Members in good standing for a term of three (3) years to succeed the Directors whose term then expires, providing that the Directors be limited to two consecutive three-year terms, after which one year must lapse before a Member is eligible for another term(s).
Yes receives 1531 votes, 62% of the total.
No receives 938 votes, 38 % of the total.

KCBS Board of Directors - The top four are elected to the Board of Directors and will take office at the 2012 February board meeting.
Steve Farrin received 1051 votes, 12% of the total.
Dave Compton received 916 votes, 11% of the total.
Jeff Stith received 808 votes, 10% of the total.
George Mullins received 784 votes, 9% of the total

Dennis Polson received 770 votes, 9% of the total.
Kim Collier received 716 votes, 8% of the total.
Gene Goycochea received 572 votes, 7% of the total.
Steve Grinstead received 521 votes, 6% of the total.
Sonny Ashford received 514 votes, 6% of the total.
Larry Hadley received 512 votes, 6% of the total.
William “BJ” Hoffman received 422 votes, 5% of the total.
DennyMike Sherman received 342 votes, 4% of the total.
David Londeen received 272 votes, 3% of the total.
Forrest Bruce received 250 votes, 3% of the total.

Posted by Don Harwell VP BOD, Elections Chairman

Back