Lang 60 - Got Pics?

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anybody got a Lang 60? How do you like it? Got any pics of it in use?

Tony

Sorry no pics left but I did own one and they cook well. Do yourself a favor and do not get the warmer aka Deluxe model. It was a pain to sand and paint my old unit because of the upright\warmer. You will have a hot spot next to your fire box but you can use this for chicken and to finish briskets and butts that are having trouble getting tender. Good luck with the Lang.

bbq-mafia has one... drop him note.

I love my 60, and she has been the perfect cooker so far. Here is a thread that I started a while back to show the insides(http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18403), and if you have any more questions just ask. I was down at Ben's shop last month, and there are several new changes to all the models. Anyway, here is mine:

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 226
  • Brush Burner 2.jpg
    Brush Burner 2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 225
  • New Smoker 1.jpg
    New Smoker 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
You gonna get a big pit now Tony? Just think of all the food that will fit on there versus a CG or WSM, what will porky think?

I love my Lang 60. Mine is an older model so the temp gage is in the door and my door developed a large gap in the bottom about two years ago. Now I think the cold air draws up the inside of the door and causes the temp gage to read significantly lower than the meat grates - my only complaint. I have learned to keep the temp gage at about 175 and everything works perfectly.

Great pit for the money!!

Just as I thought, the 60 is a sweetie! It is definitely on my list!

Thanks everybody!

Tony

The lang's a good deal but the spicewine is a great deal. It's a little cheaper and it has more cooking surface.

My Lang 60 is great. It's not crazy big but it still holds a large qty. of meat. I think the Lang is a great pit for the money.
Let us know what you decide on doing.

Back