MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Tuesday Smoke Pron

Im going to start off by appologizing for the cell phone pics its all I had to work with at the time. While this isnt my cook I was a part of it. My buddy that I had given one of my cookers to decided to do his first cook so I joined in for some help.

So we started the cook off by cracking the seal on a jar of apple pie.

Got the meat rubbed down with some of the goodies that I received in the mail from Big Poppa and some other rubs we had on hand.

Rack of spares rubbed Big Poppa style with some money rub and Jallelujah finished off with some Happy Ending and left dry.

Babyback rubbed down with a test rub sauced in Sweet Baby Rays original mixed with some Apple Pie Shine.

The goodies I got from BPS. Great stuff from what I have tried so far. Now I have some testing to do for what I havent tried. Thanks Big Poppa for the free shirt

The food had great flavor.. but due to my buddy constantly looking at the food and losing heat in the cooker the ribs were not done to my liking by the time the wives had the rest of the meal done.. but it came off of the cooker anyway. Although the ribs were not as tender as I like the chicken was perfect.

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
LostSoul
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Looking good! I want some apple pie!
LostSoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Mexi "Q" Tioner
Full Fledged Farker

How's that texas rib candy? I've been wanting to try that.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Quint
Full Fledged Farker

Looks great! My maiden voyage this weekend in my new WSM can't wait to be able to start experimenting myself

WSM 22"
Rec Tec RT-700
Weber Genesis E-330
Quint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi "Q" Tioner View Post
Havent tried it yet... Im excited to give it a shot...Although I dont think its first test will be on ribs, I might have something else for it... we will see

Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
BobM
Babbling Farker

Looks great!

Sent from my Android phone.
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks like a great time!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
que_dawg
On the road to being a farker

Good looking grub.... and libations!
[url]www.facebook.com/superiorsmokers[/url]
Head Pitmaster In Charge, Superior Smokers
que_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Great looking cook! As for the apple pie.. I have some sitting here from deer season. It will probably be here next deer season. It's a bit too strong for me.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Great looking cook! As for the apple pie.. I have some sitting here from deer season. It will probably be here next deer season. It's a bit too strong for me.
Lol.. Its good stuff goes down so smooth maybe too smooth sometimes... It will creep up on ya before you know it... Mix a little with some bbq sauce and put on anything very tasty.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militant83 View Post
Lol.. Its good stuff goes down so smooth maybe too smooth sometimes... It will creep up on ya before you know it... Mix a little with some bbq sauce and put on anything very tasty.
lol It does go down so smooth. I'll give your bbq sauce idea a try... sounds less dangerous for me. Thanks!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
lol It does go down so smooth. I'll give your bbq sauce idea a try... sounds less dangerous for me. Thanks!
No problem i also put a splash in my foil when i wrapped my ribs and let them cook in iit for a bit

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexi "Q" Tioner View Post

Well I couldnt wait I had to try some of it on some chicken strips...it was tasty.. Im sure it will be even better on some good que.