Let's talk Chicken Injections

Mike in Roseville

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What do other brethren like to use for injecting chicken?

I have tried Chicken Prod but didn't really care for it.

What should I try next?

Melt butter into a chicken broth reduction. A touch of apple cider vinegar adds something too but be careful. Too much can turn meat to mush.

For my last few comps I have injected chicken with Pork Prod, and really like the flavor

For my last few comps I have injected chicken with Pork Prod, and really like the flavor

How'd they score?

Standard ratio? I really like Pork Prod and Cattle Prod, but the Chicken Prod I wouldn't reorder.

I have some Pork Prod so I will give that a go.

How'd they score?

Standard ratio? I really like Pork Prod and Cattle Prod, but the Chicken Prod I wouldn't reorder.

I have some Pork Prod so I will give that a go.

In Big Poppa Smokers' defense, I'm a HORRIBLE chicken cook ... so my results are not as good as others would likely do with the same product.

In Temecula (Oct 2018 ) I came in 5th out of 46 teams with a 174.2972

For cut up chicken, Kosmos Chicken Soak works really well. Otherwise his or Butcher's poultry injections are good. I do love Harvest Brine dry brine for whole turkey or chicken also. Seems like I enjoy everything, doesn't it.....? ha ha

Poulty just needs something.......

I haven't found anything I like better than Tony Cacheres and melted sweet cream butter. I've been using it in any poultry injections. My last Thanksgiving turkeys were probably the most complimented meat I've ever cooked.

I haven't found anything I like better than Tony Cacheres and melted sweet cream butter. I've been using it in any poultry injections. My last Thanksgiving turkeys were probably the most complimented meat I've ever cooked.

Are you injecting while the butter is still hot? I though injections were supposed to be cooled down before injecting, which would make it really hard to inject a mostly butter recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you injecting while the butter is still hot? I though injections were supposed to be cooled down before injecting, which would make it really hard to inject a mostly butter recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The butter is still very warm, and I'm injecting it into cold poultry. It probably solidifies almost immediately. I know it does on the outside of the bird. Definitely doesn't stay hot long enough to cook any meat.

I don't inject but I do like to use thirdeye's lite brine using only 2 TBS salt Works great Use it on thighs and porkchops
IamMadMan's Cornel Chicken marinade used as a brine is great too

Tried Oakridge Game Changer a couple of days ago for the first time. Only got to let the bird brine for a little over an hour. I then mopped the bird with the brine.
Results were great. Family loved it. Will be using it often.

Back