2nd Place Ribs on our 2nd Shot! (Pics)

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I know this maybe should have been posted on the Comp section, but "Q-Talk" says it is for "Backyard" and also "Successes" so since we were entered into the "Backyard" teams and this was a "Success" I put it up here.

So in our first comp we got 7th in ribs and in our second one we got 2nd!! It was the Brenau BBQ Championship in Gainesville GA. We smoked em the exact same way and I know from comp to comp you may do well in one and not so good in another with the same recipe. Anyways, I've learned a lot on these forums and wanted to say thanks and am looking forward our next go at it.

Here is the trophy/plaque. Our team name is "Tenacious Q". We changed it after our first comp where we really hadn't decided on a name.
photo.jpg

Here is the turn in box.
2ndRibs.jpg

Great job, 2nd on your 2nd comp is something to brag about.

Great!!! funny thing about comps... you can turn in the exact same thing each and every week and be all over the results. more calls than not, you are doing something right... Congrats!!

our first comp we nailed 2nd ribs and i thought they were over cooked.. same comp a year later, and we take 5th with much better results. go figure..never gonna know what judge will like what i guess.. but that's why we do it, right?

Back