• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Holy Charcoal!

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So over the years I have bought hundreds and hundreds of pounds of mesquite lump charcoal. Always from the same manufacturer. And I have never gotten anything like this before. The truck dropped off three 40#, bags of lump and in one of them there was this. A 36# Stump! And 4 other small sticks

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

So, split and into the stick burner it went.

The other bags were pretty normal 20 or so sticks and small baseball sized chunks. All in all it was pretty funny! I had no complaints, but thought it would be fun to share.

What's the name of that charcoal? I'm having a hard time finding anything worthwhile locally... Do you run the mesquite w/anything else?

Three Rivers! Wow! I had no idea there was another brethren so close by.

Lazzari. I have been buying it for years, and it never disappoints. They sell it in smaller bags at some grocery stores but the best place near hear I have found for the 40# bags is JD food in Fresno. $15.00 they are a food service company but they do sell to private parties. Where I work we get deliveries from JD so it's super easy for me. And yes, I run some hickory with my mesquite as well. That's sort of my S.O.P

Wow! That's bigger than most trees in my area. :becky:
Did you split it to see if it was charred inside?
Thanks for the post Josh!

I burn Lazzari when Cash and Carry has it. Lately they have been selling a different brand of Mesquite. Burns identical...not as many large pieces. Hard to argue with 40 pounds of chunk for 17 bucks....

Wow! That's bigger than most trees in my area. :becky:
Did you split it to see if it was charred inside?
Thanks for the post Josh!

I did. Not a complete char, but close. Make no difference to me as long as its going into the offset.

I burn Lazzari when Cash and Carry has it. Lately they have been selling a different brand of Mesquite. Burns identical...not as many large pieces. Hard to argue with 40 pounds of chunk for 17 bucks....

Cash and Carry is my store of choice. But where is live now it's more than 4hrs to the closest one. The one in San Jose still has Lazzari in stock. So when I go up there is stock up on Charcoal, brisket and butts.

Back