• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Searing on hot bricks

Carbon

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Last night, as an experiment I took a tri-tip roast and seared it directly on the brick floor of my wfo. After searing all sides I pulled it off to the front into the cool zone and waited for it to reach ideal internal temp.
And while the tri-tip was resting in foil for the next few minutes I cleared out the black 'stain' left on the oven floor by raking hot coals over it for a few minutes and after that cooked a pizza. Overall, the whole meal came out great. :D

Attachments

• 9-12 1.jpg
    9-12 1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 9-12 2.jpg
    9-12 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 9-12 3.jpg
    9-12 3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 9-12 4.jpg
    9-12 4.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 9-12 5.jpg
    9-12 5.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 137
Those look delicious. Have you posted pics of that oven somewhere if not could you I'm very interested in building one. Thanks

Awesome! I saw Alton do it once straight on the coals after blowing them off with a hair dryer. This is wayyyyy more cool. Love the oven.

Last night, as an experiment I took a tri-tip roast and seared it directly on the brick floor of my wfo. After searing all sides I pulled it off to the front into the cool zone and waited for it to reach ideal internal temp.
And while the tri-tip was resting in foil for the next few minutes I cleared out the black 'stain' left on the oven floor by raking hot coals over it for a few minutes and after that cooked a pizza. Overall, the whole meal came out great. :D

Tri tip and pizza??? Is this heaven?? :)

Wow. Amazing...pizza and tri-tip...what more could one want?

Back