MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #1141
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Can't believe I'm about to say this to Bigmista... but... nice buns

Sitting here thinking about lunch. My choices at the cafeteria are likely walnut balls or special k loaf. What I am dreaming about is a smoked bologna sammich with pimento cheese spread... now just need to get it added to the menu

(could be profitable, can't picture a lot of waste from a chub of bologna)

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #1142
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Smoked bologna will be on the menu in about 3 weeks. Limited menu right now while we work out the kinks.

And my nice buns come from our baker. She did a great job! Greg, I know this is odd coming from a BBQ guy but, how did you like the bread?

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott

Old 11-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #1143
gtr

The bread is just right for a BBQ sammich - it kinda catches and holds the goodness. I almost never eat bread these days, and when I started on the sammich I was thinking "I'll just eat half", and next thing I knew I was holding an empty wrapper.

This is a big arse sandwich y'all - it has to be for the meat/bread ratio to be right. I tend towards eating BBQ nekkid - and Bigmista's BBQ doesn't need anything but a hand to get it to your mouth, but I have a feeling these sammiches are gonna make a lot of people very happy. I know I'll be getting 'em again.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Old 11-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #1144
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Neil and Phyllis,
It was great getting to see you two last night!
What a great location and a great combination for bbq, fresh baked bread.

Last night I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and a brisket bowl.
The sandwich was huge, and real good! I could not eat it all.
The brisket bowl was something I've never tried. It had coleslaw in the bottom topped with brisket point and Neil's signature bbq sauce. It was awesome! I took a couple of bites of that but brought it home to my teenage son who is a bbq fanatic so he could have it for lunch tomorrow. (one happy kid).

I got to taste the bread that Neil is experimenting on for his turkey sandwiches. This stuff is amazing! I will not go into details about the bread but let Neil tell you since thats his project.

And too have your bbq joint sitting in a bakery is like manna from heaven. You could just smell the possibilities.

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #1145
gtr

^^^Now I feel kind of studly knowing I finished a sandwich and you didn't.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?

Old 11-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #1146
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
Thanks for coming out gtr! Thanks to Silverfinger and Tony and Maribel also!
I am SO bummed I couldn't make this, but I'm glad some of you did. Rest assured, we will get over there in the near future! Neil, glad this is finally coming together!

Old 11-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #1147
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
^^^Now I feel kind of studly knowing I finished a sandwich and you didn't.
Don't let it go to your head.

Cause we all know it will go to your belly.

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #1148
campdude
Babbling Farker

I am very bummed also that I couldn't make it. Killer week ending with a 12 1/2 day yesterday I just couldn't face the traffic out to Long Beach. Congrats Neil and Phyllis for getting the door opened. I will be there sometime soon to sample the Real Good Meat ( and the bread too). Thanks for the pics.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:33 AM   #1149
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I'm so glad to see this!!!!!!

I wish you two the best of everything and know you'll be a huge success!!!!!

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #1150
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Woo Hoo! Great to see y'all are finally open!

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr

Old 11-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #1151
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Finally made the 39hr trip from Redlands to Long Beach, and wow, was it ever worth it!

Got the B.A.P.O.M. as my wife and I wanted to try a little bit of everything, and a container each of the pineapple coleslaw and potato salad. We were planning on taking it home to enjoy but things turned into the following:

- get in the car, taste the brisket
- drive for 5min, have a few fork-fulls of coleslaw and potato salad
- pull over at the first public park we found and decided on an impromptu picnic, as I was dying to keep eating

I can't begin to say how impressed we were. The brisket was super tender and moist, the turkey was so tasty, the pulled pork was juicy, and the ribs were easy to pull from the bone without being mushy (we're not at a KCBS contest... so using the DUB scoring method these ribs were Excellent... 9's across the board, perfect perfect 180, here's your gold star pin).

The sauces are served on the side, and use as much or as little as is wanted. There was very little sauce used, as the meat didn't need it, and each had it's own distinct flavor.

Thank you Bigmista and MrsMista for being so welcoming. I hope that I wasn't smiling like a lunatic the whole time, but I'm just so thrilled for both of you.

It was great to see fellow brethren YellowSuge (Dead Pig Walking) and Biged92 (Thank the Lard) there. And Bigmista said that Andrews (Master of Disaster) had been by earlier in the day. Nice showing of support from the CBBQA and the California Competition BBQ community for one of their own.

After leaving I was reminded that we will be be back from Vegas this Friday, so maybe we will see y'all again real soon

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)

Old 11-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #1152
gtr

So it's open for real now like with regular hours and menu and all?

If and when it is, I'll be dragging the fam down there.
WTFWGALD?

Old 11-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #1153
Bigmista

Hey folks!

We have realized the dream. BNigmista's Barbecue and Sammich Shop is now open! We would like to thank all of you for your help, support and prayers. You are all a blessing to us and we love each and every one of you.

This has been a long journey but it is now time to bring this thread to a close. I hope you all will continue to help others in the Brethren Spirit as you have helped us and we will do the same.

God Bless you all and come on by. We'll feed you well!!

Love you family!

Mista.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott

Old 11-09-2014, 12:40 AM   #1154
MrsMista
Full Fledged Farker

Default Bigmista's Barbecue & Sammich Shop

Hey All. Neil got to say thank you but I didn't and I wanted to let you all know how much I love and appreciate each and everyone of you.

Who would have guessed all those years ago when he stumbled on to this sight that this would happen, certainly not me.

You guys are more precious than gold.

Dubbaga I don't know what but I'm going to do something special just for you so don't say no.

BIG WET SMOOCHES to you all. I love you most of all Grand Pubbah

Old 11-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #1155
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Brethren,
Going to let Neil's last post say it all. We look forward to many other threads about the day to day adventures and the milestones they will reach. This is why this why this forum and most importantly it's MEMBERS are the true meaning of BRETHREN.

THANKS,

BBQ BRETHREN
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP

Closed Thread