Maverick ET-732

jmill88

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My Maverick is coming in today and had a stupid question. Is it ok to just run the wires under the lid or will that crimp the wires? I thought I read somewhere that you don't want to crimp/smash the wires.

Unsure of what type of lid you are referring to but on my ceramic grill I have a felt gasket and this will not harm the leads. However what I do is wrap the leads that are inside the grill in aluminum foil to add additional shielding from direct heat. Not sure if it works or not but I have been using the same leads for over two years now with no issues. (ET-73)

I have drilled a hole in my WSM for probes. But, I don't have a hole on my performer so I just run them under the lid. No problems at all.

I have a hole in my UDS for probe wires. My ET-732 works great I think you will really enjoy it.

I have a hole drilled in my flat top drum, but run the wires under the lid on the kettle.. no problems

I used the waterproof 1/2" elect box fitting for conduit. it has the rubber piece inside with an oval hole. other than that, put it thru the top vent. you dont want a wsm lid cracked open

02.jpg

I use mine under the lid, no problems so far....love my Maverick, you will too.

I used the waterproof 1/2" elect box fitting for conduit. it has the rubber piece inside with an oval hole. other than that, put it thru the top vent. you dont want a wsm lid cracked open

02.jpg

That is what I used on my UDS. I did take the rubber insert out and drill it round. Now I can get 3 or 4 probes through it with no problem.

I bought a pair of the 3/8" grommets off of the cajun bandit website for use with mine.

Sorry I missed this yesterday.

It is best not to close a lid on the wire. If you do you take the chance of crimping the jacket and causing a short. The only lids that I feel safe closing on the wire are ceramic grill lids. This is because of the felt on the lids.

Sorry I missed this yesterday.

It is best not to close a lid on the wire. If you do you take the chance of crimping the jacket and causing a short. The only lids that I feel safe closing on the wire are ceramic grill lids. This is because of the felt on the lids.

Thanks for the response. I purchased the Maverick from you guys and received my discount and the thermometer arrived very quickly. Thanks!

Back