Pitmaker Vertical vs Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet

cmcald0

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Is there any big differences in the quality of food put out by the Pitmaker vault/safe compared to the Lone Star Grillz insulated smoker? I the know the Pitmaker is a reverse flow, but never used or ate anything off of a reverse flow. I'm interested in anyone that has owned or used either, or owned or used a traditional vertical insulated smoker and the Pitmaker. Thanks.

For me, I do not like reverse flow verticals. I tore mine apart. Added exhaust etc. And turned it into a direct flow. Got rid of all the insulation also. Now I can also burn pure wood if I want to. And do quite often.

I have never cooked on a vault, but I do have the large LSG insulated cabinet.
It is the last smoker I will ever own. Exceptional build quality, very easy to run, great smoke and holds A LOT of food. I did 10 full size briskets at the same time once, with no issues. I actually switched from a LSG offset only because I wanted more of a set it and forget it cooker. I guess it all comes down to personal preference.

I have eat a ton of Bbq off of my neighbors pitmaker vault and always excellent. His only complaint was capacity for bigger cooks.
Cooking was like most set and forget setups. Dial it in and wait for the goodness to happen.

When looking at these levels of cookers they are both outstanding pieces of equipment.
The quality of the food is dependent on the cook and his skills.

The type of cooker is a matter of the way you want to cook.
In saying that, I could never decide so I have a load of cookers.

Just my two cents.
Good luck with your choice and don’t forget to tell us what you end up doing.

Back